FOLLOW ME - You know you want to. If Baca can get 100 I know I can get 200!

Jun 18, 2008

A paintball quandry...

I have a sign in the Pro-Shop. It reads, "I don't buy used guns. If you don't want it chances are I don't need it." Typical of me it's straight to the point and maybe just a little mean and grumpy sounding.

I have a gun. In fact I have three. An Autococker, an Automag and a Phantom pump so personally I feel I'm pretty hooked up. From a business standpoint I only sell what I'm comfortable with. Anything less I consider junk and anything more I feel is unnecessary.

Sometimes people are insistent and need to know why I won't buy their treasure. That's when I come off sounding mean and grumpy. "It's a low end piece of junk that I wouldn't sell to someone else if you gave it to me."

The worst is when someone insists I make an offer or give them an estimate of worth. For the life of me I don't know why people don't consider that I'm a business and have to offer a used wholesale price so I can make a dollar selling at a used retail price. I swear people think I have a big closet where I keep there amazing deals as my own. Take the asking price and subtract the devaluation and then factor in a little profit and I'm left with a guy standing across the counter with the look of someone I just forced to eat a lemon.

Then there is "pride of ownership." How do I offer a fair price to someone who is trying to sell their "baby"? A gun that they have invested so much time in? A gun that they have nurtured from a simple box stock toddler into a Mighty Mo? A gun that is so ugly only it's creator can appreciate it? No matter what price I attached to it it will be half of what the owner wants. And now he feels insulted.

And there is always someone who wants me to sell their item on consignment. I'm even offered a percentage. I try to do people a favor when I can. But what I'm left with is an overpriced item that will never sell and is taking up space on my wall where I could put something that would really sell. And God forbid it should actually sell cause if it breaks down I'm expected to fix it.

It's a no win situation. Sometimes I wish I could be like a stony face Pawn Shop owner and just give a take-it-or-leave-it offer and not sweat the feelings of the seller. If people actually sell and not stomp off mad I could unload the low end junk and high end nonsense on EBay and sell the rest in the shop for a tidy profit.

Popular Posts

From around the net...

OH NO, you didn't just say THAT!


"A billion-dollar company tried to steal my identity, and I was able to fight and regain my identity. That's why I'm on cloud nine; I fought the giant and I'm a success story against Activision." (Greg Hastings)
---------

Yakity yak.... 3 shot rulz... take 3 shots at my field and take a break. what's the hurry? who ya tryin to impress? this aint no freak show! why waste paint? can't hit em with three? throw three more. can't hit em with them? go fishin~ (me, on Facebook)
---------

Yes, I know Steve Davidson found the property that was the site of the first ever paintball game. No, I don't care. (Dale from the Ford Report)
---------

"How is paintball like golf? Golf is played outdoors on nice, well kept grass or, if something goes horribly wrong, off in the woods. Same with paintball." (Baca Loco)


Find more notable quotes at "Oh NO, you didn't just say that!"
copyright t-square paintball. Thank You visitors:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP