FOLLOW ME - You know you want to. If Baca can get 100 I know I can get 200!

Nov 5, 2008

Paintball

Sometimes I think I'm invisible. It happens mostly around the CO2 fill station. A couple of people will come in together and while I go about the business of filling their tanks I listen to them chat, low, thinking I'm not paying attention or able to hear them. One will ask the other a question, "What's that?" pointing to something behind the counter and the other will shrug his shoulder or give half an answer - usually wrong.

Dads are the best. Little johnny will tug on Dad's sleeve and ask one of those impossible questions young kids are famous for and rather than refer the question to me they will fumble on and come up with an answer more confusing than the question.

I had a Dad explain the CO2 filling process step by step to his young son one time. "And see what he's (referring to me) doing now. He's letting the couple of ounces left in our tank out and into that tank down there (pointing to my PVC CO2 muffler**) where he stores it and then sells it back to us."

I know when a friend tells his buddy that a longer barrel is more accurate that I should step in and correct him. But I would be ignored because, after all, the customer is always right. And when someone comes in wanting Nitrous in their HPA tank I should point out that they mean Nitrogen, but hey, ignorance is bliss.

(** A muffler is used to quiet down the noise CO2 makes when it is being dumped out of a tank to chill it for proper filling.)

0 comments:

Popular Posts

From around the net...

OH NO, you didn't just say THAT!


"A billion-dollar company tried to steal my identity, and I was able to fight and regain my identity. That's why I'm on cloud nine; I fought the giant and I'm a success story against Activision." (Greg Hastings)
---------

Yakity yak.... 3 shot rulz... take 3 shots at my field and take a break. what's the hurry? who ya tryin to impress? this aint no freak show! why waste paint? can't hit em with three? throw three more. can't hit em with them? go fishin~ (me, on Facebook)
---------

Yes, I know Steve Davidson found the property that was the site of the first ever paintball game. No, I don't care. (Dale from the Ford Report)
---------

"How is paintball like golf? Golf is played outdoors on nice, well kept grass or, if something goes horribly wrong, off in the woods. Same with paintball." (Baca Loco)


Find more notable quotes at "Oh NO, you didn't just say that!"
copyright t-square paintball. Thank You visitors:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP