FOLLOW ME - You know you want to. If Baca can get 100 I know I can get 200!

Feb 2, 2009

An open letter to tournament players...

I recently had the opportunity to sit and listen to a group of field owners and a number of experts in the paintball industry talk about paintball and its current state. Many subjects were covered. How to increase business, how to provide better service, how to cut costs for both the owners and the players.

When the topic of customer relations came around the discussion started with birthday and church groups and walk-on rec-ball players and eventually came around to tournament players and their followers.

Here are two words used to identify tournament players.

Viruses and Locusts.

These two descriptors were tossed around by people with years of tournament experience and people who were there at the beginning of paintball and have followed the changes from both a player’s point of view and from that of entrepreneurs.

The attitude that goes along with those words ain’t pretty folks. And it’s more common among field owners and game promoters than many tournament players want to think. I’m not going to go into the many reasons why I agree with the descriptions. And don’t get me started on why I feel the scenario scene is headed for the same stew pot.

I have friends involved in the tournament world. I sponsor a team here at the field, a great bunch of guys. I don’t write this as a slam toward anyone.

Consider it a wake up call. Save yourselves.





With Skype you can make free calls over the Internet. Skype – the whole world can talk for free

3 comments:

Anonymous,  Feb 2, 2009, 7:05:00 AM  

I wish I could have been in on that conference. I agree with the view of tournament players. We've had issues in our area with tourny players in the past. Most of them have straightened up and help out a lot more than they do playing now. We've had several fields up here come and go due to complete focus on the tournament player and not the rec player group. I love reading your blog, keep up the great posts!!!

Anonymous,  Feb 2, 2009, 7:28:00 PM  

Paintball needs to be kept a game! Not turned into a profession.

Anonymous,  Feb 4, 2009, 4:29:00 PM  

wise words mick

Popular Posts

From around the net...

OH NO, you didn't just say THAT!


"A billion-dollar company tried to steal my identity, and I was able to fight and regain my identity. That's why I'm on cloud nine; I fought the giant and I'm a success story against Activision." (Greg Hastings)
---------

Yakity yak.... 3 shot rulz... take 3 shots at my field and take a break. what's the hurry? who ya tryin to impress? this aint no freak show! why waste paint? can't hit em with three? throw three more. can't hit em with them? go fishin~ (me, on Facebook)
---------

Yes, I know Steve Davidson found the property that was the site of the first ever paintball game. No, I don't care. (Dale from the Ford Report)
---------

"How is paintball like golf? Golf is played outdoors on nice, well kept grass or, if something goes horribly wrong, off in the woods. Same with paintball." (Baca Loco)


Find more notable quotes at "Oh NO, you didn't just say that!"
copyright t-square paintball. Thank You visitors:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP