FOLLOW ME - You know you want to. If Baca can get 100 I know I can get 200!

May 28, 2009

A promise made is a debt unpaid...

Recently got another one of those over the shoulder, “Well you just missed out on a bunch of money!” comments.

Guy called to book a group during the week. Normally the field in not open on week days because my refs are in school. I told him if he could guarantee 12 or more players that I would make an exception. To emphasis the point I told him I do not go on the field with less than 12.

Well, you guessed it. He showed up late with four others. I could have taken them out – despite what you might hear I still get out on the field to ref now and then. The problem I have is that I haven’t worked for minimum wage in over FORTY YEARS and I don't plan to any time soon!

This guys idea of “a bunch of money” would have just covered expenses leaving me with enough to go buy a Happy Meal. Sure, maybe the five of them planned to buy a case each and buy a couple of guns and tip me a hundred dollars.

Yeah, right! The man already broke a promise. In my experience it's all down hill from there.

2 comments:

Reiner Schafer May 28, 2009, 9:27:00 AM  

Yep. Our policy for a weekday game is 20 players with paid deposits up front. I'd estimate that close to 90% of all our booked groups come with less people than they estimated (or at least told us).

Some people (even adults) don't seem to know the difference between "revenue" and "profit". They seem to think that if they hand you $100 for the goods and services you supplied them, that you can put that $100 in your pocket and go spend it somewhere else.

Twisted Games Of Texas Paintball May 28, 2009, 10:34:00 PM  

Been there and have the a t-shirt as well. Have been burned several times in the past for being a "nice person" and not wanting to lose business. Have a new policy now that seems to work. I agreed to open for a group last week. Minimum guarantee of 20 players with the understanding (in writing) they would pay for 20 regardless of the number that showed up. Had 17 players, paid for 20, shot 6 cases of paint and were gone in 3 hours. Sweet....

Popular Posts

From around the net...

OH NO, you didn't just say THAT!


"A billion-dollar company tried to steal my identity, and I was able to fight and regain my identity. That's why I'm on cloud nine; I fought the giant and I'm a success story against Activision." (Greg Hastings)
---------

Yakity yak.... 3 shot rulz... take 3 shots at my field and take a break. what's the hurry? who ya tryin to impress? this aint no freak show! why waste paint? can't hit em with three? throw three more. can't hit em with them? go fishin~ (me, on Facebook)
---------

Yes, I know Steve Davidson found the property that was the site of the first ever paintball game. No, I don't care. (Dale from the Ford Report)
---------

"How is paintball like golf? Golf is played outdoors on nice, well kept grass or, if something goes horribly wrong, off in the woods. Same with paintball." (Baca Loco)


Find more notable quotes at "Oh NO, you didn't just say that!"
copyright t-square paintball. Thank You visitors:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP