FOLLOW ME - You know you want to. If Baca can get 100 I know I can get 200!

Jun 10, 2009

We must make it look so easy...

T-Square Paintball Field opens for play at noon on Saturday and Sunday.

It amazes me how people will show up at 11:00 or 11:30 ready to play.

"We want to get a few games in before the rest of the guys get here."

Well...that would be great if we were ready. There are guns to chrono and masks to clean and safe zones to set up and fields to be inspected. There's paint to ready and tanks to fill and the food concession to set up. (Those hot dogs don't cook themselves, you know!)

Oh, and look. There's a limb that fell last night and took out some netting and the air fill whip just decided to spit a crucial oring across the gun shed room. One of my refs called to say he has Saturday detention and can't come in while another is tossing up bad sushi behind the bathroom building.

And even if none of that mattered - T-Square Paintball Field opens for play at noon on Saturday and Sunday. It's on our signs, it's on our fliers, it's on our answering machine and it's on our web site.

So there!

5 comments:

Anonymous,  Jun 10, 2009, 11:04:00 AM  

How do u feel about people who come early just to get setup so that they can play at around 12:15 ish? I usually do that since the organization at my field sucks...

mick Jun 10, 2009, 1:06:00 PM  

Great question. Showing up early to set up is not a problem here at T-Square. My refs know to be ready to work at noon. I've got some great refs but kids will be kids and sometimes I have to herd them along but by 12:15 at the latest they are ready to go.

Anonymous,  Jun 10, 2009, 3:41:00 PM  

Thats good to hear. Hopefully when i'm in area I'll stop by.
At my field, it is supposed to open at 10 on saturdays. You would think everyone would be ready to go at 10. But in reality, they really do "open" at 10.. in that the field owner comes at 10 and the first game doesnt start till 11 or even 11:30....

Brules,  Jun 10, 2009, 7:35:00 PM  

I always show up at 11:30 to set up, chrono and get air and Mick's refs will start games on the dot if there are enough players. :) That is usually the thing, haha, waiting on enough people to play right at noon! But his guys do a good job ofgetting games going. He doesn't let them slack off!

mick Jun 10, 2009, 10:11:00 PM  

Yup. Thanks. Open at noon means allot of players don't start trickling in till 12:30. On Sunday things often don't get going till 1:00. It would be the same lag whether we opened at 9am or 3pm.

Popular Posts

From around the net...

OH NO, you didn't just say THAT!


"A billion-dollar company tried to steal my identity, and I was able to fight and regain my identity. That's why I'm on cloud nine; I fought the giant and I'm a success story against Activision." (Greg Hastings)
---------

Yakity yak.... 3 shot rulz... take 3 shots at my field and take a break. what's the hurry? who ya tryin to impress? this aint no freak show! why waste paint? can't hit em with three? throw three more. can't hit em with them? go fishin~ (me, on Facebook)
---------

Yes, I know Steve Davidson found the property that was the site of the first ever paintball game. No, I don't care. (Dale from the Ford Report)
---------

"How is paintball like golf? Golf is played outdoors on nice, well kept grass or, if something goes horribly wrong, off in the woods. Same with paintball." (Baca Loco)


Find more notable quotes at "Oh NO, you didn't just say that!"
copyright t-square paintball. Thank You visitors:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP