FOLLOW ME - You know you want to. If Baca can get 100 I know I can get 200!

Jul 21, 2009

Paintball numbers...

Nearly everyone is bemoaning the fact that paintball has lost a bit of it's charm lately. Participation and purchases are way down from years past. I don't care much for number crunching but it I did find this chart kind of interesting:

Since peaking in the middle of 2004 there has been a steady decline of google paintball searches. On a brighter note, Florida seems to be the paintball mecca these days with Orlando, Tampa and Miami taking the top three positions on the regional search chart. Also of interest is Canada has edged out the USA on the country search chart.

I could play the optimist and believe these numbers are inaccurate and are infected by other factors and influences. Problem is this past Sunday was the first time we posted a zero for attendance in a very long while.

Batten down the hatches. We could be in for a bumpy ride. Support your local field!

5 comments:

Reiner Schafer Jul 21, 2009, 8:10:00 AM  

One explanation could be that as time goes on, people now grow up with paintball and are already informed. Therre is not as much need to search, "What is paintball" or even look up where the local fields are. Just an optimistic thought.

mick Jul 21, 2009, 8:30:00 AM  

There ya go. I knew I could count on you, Reiner. On that note I guess we could say Florida is just now discovering paintball! LOL!

Anonymous,  Jul 21, 2009, 11:49:00 AM  

In my observations I've found that most of the teenagers who drove much of the play at my field are growing older and have now discovered girls and partying on fri and sat nights and so are not up and ready for playing like they use to be when they were younger. What is odd is the lack of "replacements" of younger kids to take their place; unlike in earlier years. Im finding that many of the younger kids dont really seem to have a wish to play at all. For many who venture out I have noticed a lack of energy to push themselves and they often end up leaving early so they can go to someone's home to play video games rather than be hot and tired. I would like to be an optimist, but boy its not looking so rosy!

Dragon1291,  Jul 21, 2009, 7:54:00 PM  

Quite Possibly, I mean with world cup being held down there and all.

I did my "research" in 2006. Ever since then, however, the only time i google paintball is when I want to read some news stories.

All in all, I think people are
A)Going to their Fields to ask
B)Going on Youtube
C)GOing on one of the forums

Just googling paintball would bring up atleast one forum, and probably taht person will not leave the forum for a while

Anonymous,  Jul 26, 2009, 10:36:00 AM  

Played paintball in florida a day or 2 ago was not that great... =( Cant wait to be back at T2
Lane

Popular Posts

From around the net...

OH NO, you didn't just say THAT!


"A billion-dollar company tried to steal my identity, and I was able to fight and regain my identity. That's why I'm on cloud nine; I fought the giant and I'm a success story against Activision." (Greg Hastings)
---------

Yakity yak.... 3 shot rulz... take 3 shots at my field and take a break. what's the hurry? who ya tryin to impress? this aint no freak show! why waste paint? can't hit em with three? throw three more. can't hit em with them? go fishin~ (me, on Facebook)
---------

Yes, I know Steve Davidson found the property that was the site of the first ever paintball game. No, I don't care. (Dale from the Ford Report)
---------

"How is paintball like golf? Golf is played outdoors on nice, well kept grass or, if something goes horribly wrong, off in the woods. Same with paintball." (Baca Loco)


Find more notable quotes at "Oh NO, you didn't just say that!"
copyright t-square paintball. Thank You visitors:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP