FOLLOW ME - You know you want to. If Baca can get 100 I know I can get 200!

Oct 13, 2009

AGG need not apply...

I received a sales flyer today. Seven pages of paintball clothing. I'm curious about who buys this stuff. Seven different jersey designs. Four different pants designs. The gloves are nice - those knuckle shots hurt - prices ranging from $13.97 to $27.97. But T-shirts? Hats? Hoodies? I've never been one to wear branded clothing. I can hear my mean and grumpy Dad in my head. "They don't pay me to walk around advertising their stuff!"



Needless to say I don't deal with paintball clothing here at the shop. Part of the reason might be due to my constant bashing of anything tournament. Shoppers go else where to get their EGO's and Dynasty jerseys. I don't mind. There was a time when I carried clothing. That turned into special order and then I finally gave up. I got tired of ordering blue and red shirts only to have the red sit on the shelf. If I had size large I would get a run of kids that wanted medium. If I had brand X they would want brand Y.

When I was special ordering I would have to ask the customer for back up colors and sizes because, chances were, the supplier didn't have the first choice. Then they might have the color but not the size or the size but not the right brand which meant talking to the customer again only to find out they don't want either.

No big deal. Just another one of those bad business decisions I'm known for. I don't sell clothing. I don't sell high end guns. I don't let players shoot cases of paint a day. It's a wonder I stay in business!

.*Ninth Law of Paintball
Good players ACT, average players REACT.


Smart Parts Stuff

4 comments:

13 Feet Tall Oct 13, 2009, 10:04:00 PM  

I understand why you wouldn't want to carry the paintball-specific clothing items, but as far as wearing them, that's another story.

I used to feel thati didn't need special knee pads, or pants, or even a jersey to play paintball. Heck, why not just wear some old jeans, knee pads from home depot, and an old t-shirt?

But then, i actually decided to be crazy and drop 50 bucks on proto knee pads. I couldn't believe the difference in comfort that i had while playing in them.

Same thing with the proto pants i ended up buying after my old cargo camo pants ripped. They felt SO much better to play in, and they held up for so much longer.

The jersey was a less-noticable improvement, but still an improvement.

What am i trying to say? Paintball clothing is definitely worth the $ (sometimes. I'm NEVER paying 150 for brand new paintball pants. Sorry.)

mick Oct 13, 2009, 11:02:00 PM  

You would make a great salesman. Wanna job!?

Reiner Schafer Oct 14, 2009, 12:10:00 AM  

I've got to admit, I like wearing paintball pants when I play. The built in knee pads are handy. Some of the basic black ones or camo patterns aren't bad. I cringe a little when guys are wearing "speedball wear" and playing at our field. It's intimidating for newer players.

Popular Posts

From around the net...

OH NO, you didn't just say THAT!


"A billion-dollar company tried to steal my identity, and I was able to fight and regain my identity. That's why I'm on cloud nine; I fought the giant and I'm a success story against Activision." (Greg Hastings)
---------

Yakity yak.... 3 shot rulz... take 3 shots at my field and take a break. what's the hurry? who ya tryin to impress? this aint no freak show! why waste paint? can't hit em with three? throw three more. can't hit em with them? go fishin~ (me, on Facebook)
---------

Yes, I know Steve Davidson found the property that was the site of the first ever paintball game. No, I don't care. (Dale from the Ford Report)
---------

"How is paintball like golf? Golf is played outdoors on nice, well kept grass or, if something goes horribly wrong, off in the woods. Same with paintball." (Baca Loco)


Find more notable quotes at "Oh NO, you didn't just say that!"
copyright t-square paintball. Thank You visitors:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP