FOLLOW ME - You know you want to. If Baca can get 100 I know I can get 200!

Oct 31, 2009

Saturday Paintball Reruns...


Have I mentioned I'm kinda old school? Back when I got hooked on paintball Automags and Autocockers ruled the paintball world. Autocockers were always a mystery to me. Everything I know about them I pretty much learned by mistake. I've always considered them cantankerous and ornery but I always had a few hanging on the pro-shop wall and in pieces on my work bench just on the off chance Bud Orr paid a visit (yeah, right!!).



I lost interest in them right around the time Mr Orr retired from Worr Game Products and the K2 business conglomerate took over production. It was about that same time that the Autococker was raped of its old school charm and became just another line on a business chart at a stock holder's meeting. Autocockers disappeared from my pro-shop wall (all except MY cocker) and I joked with my shop Manager how embarrassed I would be if Bud Orr ever paid a visit (yeah, right!!).

A few months ago I dragged a dusty box of old school Autococker parts out of a closet and started piecing together a couple of guns. With a few Ebay purchases I was able to put together a half dozen pre-2k oldies that I proudly displayed on my pro-shop wall.

Just in time, too. Bud Orr paid a visit to the shop today (no kidding!!).

3 comments:

anomoly40,  Nov 1, 2009, 1:44:00 PM  

Thats pretty cool. I wish I could have met him. I've built a few of his creations, including a Talon-cocker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umx7VUJC9SM

nintendo r4ds Nov 3, 2009, 4:02:00 AM  

I enjoy this post very much. Excellent Talon...

Popular Posts

From around the net...

OH NO, you didn't just say THAT!


"A billion-dollar company tried to steal my identity, and I was able to fight and regain my identity. That's why I'm on cloud nine; I fought the giant and I'm a success story against Activision." (Greg Hastings)
---------

Yakity yak.... 3 shot rulz... take 3 shots at my field and take a break. what's the hurry? who ya tryin to impress? this aint no freak show! why waste paint? can't hit em with three? throw three more. can't hit em with them? go fishin~ (me, on Facebook)
---------

Yes, I know Steve Davidson found the property that was the site of the first ever paintball game. No, I don't care. (Dale from the Ford Report)
---------

"How is paintball like golf? Golf is played outdoors on nice, well kept grass or, if something goes horribly wrong, off in the woods. Same with paintball." (Baca Loco)


Find more notable quotes at "Oh NO, you didn't just say that!"
copyright t-square paintball. Thank You visitors:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP