FOLLOW ME - You know you want to. If Baca can get 100 I know I can get 200!

Feb 10, 2010

I love feedback...

I do some writing over at a site called Squidoo. I won't go into a long explanation. There is a link on the bottom right ("Do you like to write?") if you want to check out the site. Sometime back I wrote this little ditty - "Paintballers - Don't fear the rental gun!" I posted up a link to the story on my favorite PB forum and WHOA it was like I smacked someones momma.

"I'm a pro. I would never use a rental."

"My gun always works when I get to the field."

"Rental guns are the scourge of the earth."

"I wouldn't be caught dead using a rental gun."

"Every rental gun I've ever seen has been nasty."

Good gravy. Lighten up. I don't remember what my mood was when I wrote the piece but I'm pretty sure it was not meant for anyone to take personally.  If I've said it once I have said it a thousand times - "Paintball is a lot of fun.  As long as you don't take it to seriously."

(I'll try to remember the forum page and tack on a link here.)


Be sure to share this Paintblog with a friend.
Bookmark and Share
Empire Stuff

3 comments:

Illuminati,  Feb 10, 2010, 8:53:00 AM  

I thought your article was spot-on.....I have had to resort to using a rental many times for a wide range of reasons.(gun was down, or loaned to a new player, or forgot something that made the gun work...)

But comments like what you got sound like they came from a bunch of 12yr olds, and most of them are so simple-minded that I am impressed that they can even read/write.

Reiner Schafer Feb 10, 2010, 10:48:00 AM  

"Paintball is a lot of fun. As long as you don't take it to seriously."

Really good advice. Except for safety of course. That we all need to take seriously.

But as far as playing paintball, if you want to take it sertiously, don't come to a recreational field. Go play competitive paintball among others who take playing as serious as you do. Then you can be a serious player. You still can't be a jerk though. ;-)

mick Feb 10, 2010, 1:48:00 PM  

Thanks for the comments - so simple minded they can't read the entire piece before forming an opinion.

I never thought of my "Paintball is fun..." mantra in that way. Maybe I should be saying, "Paintball is fun, as long as you take safety seriously and the game not so seriously." :)

Popular Posts

From around the net...

OH NO, you didn't just say THAT!


"A billion-dollar company tried to steal my identity, and I was able to fight and regain my identity. That's why I'm on cloud nine; I fought the giant and I'm a success story against Activision." (Greg Hastings)
---------

Yakity yak.... 3 shot rulz... take 3 shots at my field and take a break. what's the hurry? who ya tryin to impress? this aint no freak show! why waste paint? can't hit em with three? throw three more. can't hit em with them? go fishin~ (me, on Facebook)
---------

Yes, I know Steve Davidson found the property that was the site of the first ever paintball game. No, I don't care. (Dale from the Ford Report)
---------

"How is paintball like golf? Golf is played outdoors on nice, well kept grass or, if something goes horribly wrong, off in the woods. Same with paintball." (Baca Loco)


Find more notable quotes at "Oh NO, you didn't just say that!"
copyright t-square paintball. Thank You visitors:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP