FOLLOW ME - You know you want to. If Baca can get 100 I know I can get 200!

May 6, 2010

Any rainy Saturday AM...

Some lessons are learned the hard way. Others just kind of creep up on you over time.

It's two in the morning. Outside, rain is coming down in sheets and buckets and not just a few cats and dogs. Three of the five groups scheduled to play later today called earlier in the evening to cancel. No doubt the field will be unplayable for the rest. Perhaps a few hearty souls will show up to do battle even though it will be our inland version of Poseidon that will reign supreme.

Earlier in my paintball field owning career I would be up at two in the morning fretting over lost revenue and field damage. This morning it's just a bit of indigestion. The rain will stop at some point. Bunkers that float away tonight will be urged back into place after the flood plain drains and dries. The groups that can will reschedule. The ten day forecast shows rain for next weekend but thank goodness there is only a 50 percent chance the weather predictors will be right.

As time goes on I'm learning to worry less. Especially over things I have no control of. Life goes on. I'd like to think someday I'll have nothing to fret over. After all, there is very little we actually can control. That lesson might come in time but I doubt it. There's always something - and that I've learned the hard way.


Be sure to share this Paintblog with a friend.
Bookmark and Share
Shop Amazon for new and used paintball equipment

1 comments:

game paintball May 6, 2010, 7:09:00 AM  

rain will not reduce our enthusiasm in playing paintball.

gamepaintballs.blogspot.com

Popular Posts

From around the net...

OH NO, you didn't just say THAT!


"A billion-dollar company tried to steal my identity, and I was able to fight and regain my identity. That's why I'm on cloud nine; I fought the giant and I'm a success story against Activision." (Greg Hastings)
---------

Yakity yak.... 3 shot rulz... take 3 shots at my field and take a break. what's the hurry? who ya tryin to impress? this aint no freak show! why waste paint? can't hit em with three? throw three more. can't hit em with them? go fishin~ (me, on Facebook)
---------

Yes, I know Steve Davidson found the property that was the site of the first ever paintball game. No, I don't care. (Dale from the Ford Report)
---------

"How is paintball like golf? Golf is played outdoors on nice, well kept grass or, if something goes horribly wrong, off in the woods. Same with paintball." (Baca Loco)


Find more notable quotes at "Oh NO, you didn't just say that!"
copyright t-square paintball. Thank You visitors:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP