FOLLOW ME - You know you want to. If Baca can get 100 I know I can get 200!

Nov 8, 2005

Just another day...

I cringe whenever I go to split a group into teams and one of them says, "Oh, we already have the teams picked." Typically it's a declaration from one of the Alpha males in the group and I can always count on the teams being neither fairly picked nor evenly matched.

It happened today. It was a group of adults so I threw caution to the wind and said, What the hell! as I led the two teams into the woods. It was pretty clear by the first game and very obvious after the second game that it was going to be a long day for one of the teams.

I offered to split them up a couple of times but the team getting their butt's whooped insisted on playing on, mostly as a matter of pride. (Did I mention it was a military group?) In the end one team limped home, battered and bruised, not exactly a group of folks I would expect to come out and play again anytime soon while the other team hooted and hollered and slapped themselves on the back in celebration of their victory(s).

So now I'm disappointed with myself for not insisting that the teams be reformed, upset that I let one team convince me the teams didn't need to be reformed and pissed that the other team would set their buddies up and use them the way they did.

They say we are all wired differently. Does that explain why some people care, some people don't and others just don't give a damn?

0 comments:

Popular Posts

From around the net...

OH NO, you didn't just say THAT!


"A billion-dollar company tried to steal my identity, and I was able to fight and regain my identity. That's why I'm on cloud nine; I fought the giant and I'm a success story against Activision." (Greg Hastings)
---------

Yakity yak.... 3 shot rulz... take 3 shots at my field and take a break. what's the hurry? who ya tryin to impress? this aint no freak show! why waste paint? can't hit em with three? throw three more. can't hit em with them? go fishin~ (me, on Facebook)
---------

Yes, I know Steve Davidson found the property that was the site of the first ever paintball game. No, I don't care. (Dale from the Ford Report)
---------

"How is paintball like golf? Golf is played outdoors on nice, well kept grass or, if something goes horribly wrong, off in the woods. Same with paintball." (Baca Loco)


Find more notable quotes at "Oh NO, you didn't just say that!"
copyright t-square paintball. Thank You visitors:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP