FOLLOW ME - You know you want to. If Baca can get 100 I know I can get 200!

Sep 3, 2008

Gustav...


I'm a firm believer in the idea that "things could be worse." I still have a roof and the electric is on. Still, when the water is lapping at the door with no signs of letting up it's hard not to go into "woe is me" mode. I knew when I built here that it was a flood area.

After tons and tons and more tons of fill I managed to get a good piece of the property up out of the mud. In 10 years the water has not breached the top of the Gun Shed or Pro-shop concrete floor. It most likely will this time with lots of sheet rock and wood panel soaking. It's hard to tell from the picture but that's about 3 3/4 inches of water working it's way toward the building walls and the 4 inch high concrete floor. And it's not a big puddle. It's running water pouring in from the flooded fields and over flowing creek.

This is about 18 inches of water covering the Air Ball Field.


Some of you might remember the tires under the tires on the low end
of the Speedball course are about 3 feet tall.


Here I am standing on the Air Ball field.


It was later, when I was downloading, that I noticed the pattern
in the water. I figure it must be water dropping on a fine sheen
of floating paintball fill. Kinda cool.

So maybe it will stop soon. The Shooting range shed floated off it's foundation and is leaning precariously into the ditch. I haven't been out on the main field yet. I might get the canoe out (seriously) and go make sure the tank and helicopter have not floated away. Every now and then I need to be reminded that everything has to be tied down out here.

Hope to see you all this week-end. Bring your waders. Or flippers.

Popular Posts

From around the net...

OH NO, you didn't just say THAT!


"A billion-dollar company tried to steal my identity, and I was able to fight and regain my identity. That's why I'm on cloud nine; I fought the giant and I'm a success story against Activision." (Greg Hastings)
---------

Yakity yak.... 3 shot rulz... take 3 shots at my field and take a break. what's the hurry? who ya tryin to impress? this aint no freak show! why waste paint? can't hit em with three? throw three more. can't hit em with them? go fishin~ (me, on Facebook)
---------

Yes, I know Steve Davidson found the property that was the site of the first ever paintball game. No, I don't care. (Dale from the Ford Report)
---------

"How is paintball like golf? Golf is played outdoors on nice, well kept grass or, if something goes horribly wrong, off in the woods. Same with paintball." (Baca Loco)


Find more notable quotes at "Oh NO, you didn't just say that!"
copyright t-square paintball. Thank You visitors:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP