FOLLOW ME - You know you want to. If Baca can get 100 I know I can get 200!

Jan 31, 2009

What's in a name?

There is a group of paintball players out on the east coast that have combined under the common command of an organization they call the Joint Special Operations Command:

JSOC Mission Statement - The Joint-Special-Operations-Command "J.S.O.C." is an association of tactical scenario (paintball) teams founded in September, 2005 by several paintball teams. In a patriotic gesture they all made a pact to fight the Allied Side in any scenario that offered that choice. To be a part of the JSOC means you are playing paintball for more reasons than one. Supporting the game, the players and the passion of the game, is part of the commitment to play along side the J.S.O.C. and support the Allied side in the game and in spirit for all our Armed Forces. ...the patch is worn by all united under one banner. Each team represents a Unit of the JSOC. Each unit plays a decisive role in strategy and planning...


Awhile back I made my thoughts known to the "Commander" of this paintball organization concerning their use of the JSOC name. I was a member at one time of a unit assigned to the real JSOC. The real JSOC mission statement is much different from the one above. The real JSOC mission statement includes a commitment to the safety and security of the United States. It is a commitment that has been maintained at a cost - the lives of good men, some who I new personally. I made it clear I do not care for what I consider their cavalier use of the title Joint Special Operations Command.

The response was not a surprise. "Chill out." I've heard it before.

And that's what I do. I chill. God, bless the men and women of the real Joint Special Operations Command and the Joint Communications Unit.



BOOKSAMILLION.COM

0 comments:

Popular Posts

From around the net...

OH NO, you didn't just say THAT!


"A billion-dollar company tried to steal my identity, and I was able to fight and regain my identity. That's why I'm on cloud nine; I fought the giant and I'm a success story against Activision." (Greg Hastings)
---------

Yakity yak.... 3 shot rulz... take 3 shots at my field and take a break. what's the hurry? who ya tryin to impress? this aint no freak show! why waste paint? can't hit em with three? throw three more. can't hit em with them? go fishin~ (me, on Facebook)
---------

Yes, I know Steve Davidson found the property that was the site of the first ever paintball game. No, I don't care. (Dale from the Ford Report)
---------

"How is paintball like golf? Golf is played outdoors on nice, well kept grass or, if something goes horribly wrong, off in the woods. Same with paintball." (Baca Loco)


Find more notable quotes at "Oh NO, you didn't just say that!"
copyright t-square paintball. Thank You visitors:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP