FOLLOW ME - You know you want to. If Baca can get 100 I know I can get 200!

Feb 4, 2009

Watch your back, boys...

My daughter is the Field Manager here at T-Square. Bless her heart, she does an outstanding job. It's not always a good thing to bring family into a business. We had a rough start but now, over 7 years later, I don't know what I would do without her.

She does everything. Among her toughest jobs is riding herd over the refs, making sure they are doing what they are suppose to be doing and are where they are suppose to be. She manages to hold her own in this mostly testosterone powered sport. She is also a pretty good gun tech.

Which brings me to what this post is about.

She is most often found at the front of the pro-shop while I sit in the back at my work bench/office. Almost on a daily basis someone will come in needing a gun repair, look at her and walk across the pro-shop to me. I'll look up to see her face, knowing she is glaring bullet holes into the customer's back.

Sometimes, when I know she is really busy with something else, I will go ahead and help the customer. But it's more fun to listen to the customer's assessment and then call my daughter over and ask her to handle it. Sometimes the customer gets it. Most times they don't.

This past weekend a player came in with a gun that wasn't working. I was outside so he was "forced" to talk to her. She looked the gun over and asked him when he last changed the battery. His reply was, "Oh no, it can't be the battery. Could someone else look at it for me?"

Well, I knew what was going on the moment she came around the corner to get me. It was that "Some knucklehead inside thinks a girl can't know anything about paintball guns." look! Without knowing what she had asked him I went inside to check the gun. After a quick look I replaced the battery and handed the player a working gun.

"Gee, thanks," he said and he never took his eyes off the ground as he slid out of the shop past my daughter.

Be careful making assumptions. Especially when it comes to female field managers!

(I love you, darlin.)




With Skype you can make free calls over the Internet. Skype – the whole world can talk for free

2 comments:

Anonymous,  Feb 4, 2009, 4:12:00 PM  

Love Ya Dad

Anonymous,  Feb 4, 2009, 10:39:00 PM  

She does a most excellant job. I wouldnt doubt her knowledge one bit. Thanks for haveing such a great employee.

Popular Posts

From around the net...

OH NO, you didn't just say THAT!


"A billion-dollar company tried to steal my identity, and I was able to fight and regain my identity. That's why I'm on cloud nine; I fought the giant and I'm a success story against Activision." (Greg Hastings)
---------

Yakity yak.... 3 shot rulz... take 3 shots at my field and take a break. what's the hurry? who ya tryin to impress? this aint no freak show! why waste paint? can't hit em with three? throw three more. can't hit em with them? go fishin~ (me, on Facebook)
---------

Yes, I know Steve Davidson found the property that was the site of the first ever paintball game. No, I don't care. (Dale from the Ford Report)
---------

"How is paintball like golf? Golf is played outdoors on nice, well kept grass or, if something goes horribly wrong, off in the woods. Same with paintball." (Baca Loco)


Find more notable quotes at "Oh NO, you didn't just say that!"
copyright t-square paintball. Thank You visitors:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP