FOLLOW ME - You know you want to. If Baca can get 100 I know I can get 200!

May 11, 2009

Paintball tools revisited...

"13 Feet Tall", one of the folks who frequently leaves me a comment (thank you, by the way) reminded me that no one guessed and I haven't revealed what this is.

Back in the day I used Brass Eagle Stingrays as rentals. Sounds silly today, I know, But they were bullet proof - made from some alien Area 51 poly carbonitronium polymer that was indestructible.

The valve was a bit cantankerous. In order to get to the valve seal a brass plug needed to be unscrewed. A quarter fit in the slot nice enough but the valve stem had to be pressed in and usually I'd end up slipping off and dinging the brass. I needed someway to get them off fast and clean. So, like they say, necessity is the mother of invention.

I might still be using the Stingray as a rental except each one took nearly 15 minutes to strip, clean and service. When I only had 15 or 20 it was no big deal but suddenly I found myself with 100 rental Stingrays X 15 minutes = 25 hours of turn around time. Today its 120 Piranhas X 2 minutes = 4 hours.

Much better.

2 comments:

13 Feet Tall May 11, 2009, 7:01:00 PM  

Yay, closure!

And thank you for the props in the post.


I'd just like to take a quick moment to remind you that i am probably the straw that broke the camel's back and made you remove comments "back in the day."

People can change! :P


Sincerely,
13 feet tall
a.k.a victor13
a.k.a. the guy that uses a sterling with no safety :P

mick May 11, 2009, 7:23:00 PM  

LOL..."people can change"! Yes!

Popular Posts

From around the net...

OH NO, you didn't just say THAT!


"A billion-dollar company tried to steal my identity, and I was able to fight and regain my identity. That's why I'm on cloud nine; I fought the giant and I'm a success story against Activision." (Greg Hastings)
---------

Yakity yak.... 3 shot rulz... take 3 shots at my field and take a break. what's the hurry? who ya tryin to impress? this aint no freak show! why waste paint? can't hit em with three? throw three more. can't hit em with them? go fishin~ (me, on Facebook)
---------

Yes, I know Steve Davidson found the property that was the site of the first ever paintball game. No, I don't care. (Dale from the Ford Report)
---------

"How is paintball like golf? Golf is played outdoors on nice, well kept grass or, if something goes horribly wrong, off in the woods. Same with paintball." (Baca Loco)


Find more notable quotes at "Oh NO, you didn't just say that!"
copyright t-square paintball. Thank You visitors:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP