FOLLOW ME - You know you want to. If Baca can get 100 I know I can get 200!

Sep 8, 2009

My paintball gun...

People often ask me what I shoot. I think they are hoping I will show them an Angel D7 ($1550) or a DLX Luxe ($1665) or a Planet Eclipse SL74 ($1995) or these days maybe a Breda M37 8mm Machine Gun replica by Real Action Paintball ($4999).

When I drag out my pride and joy I can almost sense the disappointment. But as they say, beauty (and functionality) is in the eye of the beholder.

Basic black 2002 vertical feed body
WGP chrome Swing Trigger
WGP ERGOnomic in-line reg
Chrome front block with WGP Tickler LP reg and 32 degree mini gauge
JAM Enterprise anti-chop bolt
Shocktech beaver tail
Custom Products Razor Drop w/ Mini on-off
13 inch ACI Zero Gravity Barrel
JT 12 volt Revolution hopper
Topped of with what ever HPA tank is available and has air

Everything else is stock. It all weighs in at just over 7 pounds without paint. When I run out of paint I can use it to knock down bunkers. I think it's silly when I see this kind of "picture and attributes" post in forums and such. Usually my reaction is, "So what. You spent $800 on a $200 gun that still shoots like a $200 gun."

I guess I could spend $1500+ on guns that still shoot like a $200 gun. But where's the fun in that.

6 comments:

Aswan Yap Sep 8, 2009, 6:58:00 AM  

There's nothing wrong with your marker. If you built it yourself, you feel like you've accomplished something.

I know my friend used to have an Ion that he upgraded from stock, and it eventually became comparable to the 1000+ USD markers.

I love autocockers anyway, they have a very satisfying firing motion. Pity we don't have many of them here (Malaysia).

mick Sep 8, 2009, 12:09:00 PM  

A pity, indeed. Thanks for the comments.

Brules Sep 8, 2009, 4:39:00 PM  

I have to politely disagree Mick, my $1200 Geo definately shoots better than any $200 marker I have had, and I have had a bunch of them (Ion, SP-1, G3, DM4 etc).

BUT for some recball, it is DEFINATELY overkill. :)

mick Sep 8, 2009, 8:43:00 PM  

I guess it comes down to ones definition of "better."

13 Feet Tall Sep 14, 2009, 7:40:00 PM  

Now... how much would that set up have cost you when all that stuff was latest/greatest?

mick Sep 14, 2009, 10:49:00 PM  

You got me, 13. But then I never claimed to be that good to start with!

Popular Posts

From around the net...

OH NO, you didn't just say THAT!


"A billion-dollar company tried to steal my identity, and I was able to fight and regain my identity. That's why I'm on cloud nine; I fought the giant and I'm a success story against Activision." (Greg Hastings)
---------

Yakity yak.... 3 shot rulz... take 3 shots at my field and take a break. what's the hurry? who ya tryin to impress? this aint no freak show! why waste paint? can't hit em with three? throw three more. can't hit em with them? go fishin~ (me, on Facebook)
---------

Yes, I know Steve Davidson found the property that was the site of the first ever paintball game. No, I don't care. (Dale from the Ford Report)
---------

"How is paintball like golf? Golf is played outdoors on nice, well kept grass or, if something goes horribly wrong, off in the woods. Same with paintball." (Baca Loco)


Find more notable quotes at "Oh NO, you didn't just say that!"
copyright t-square paintball. Thank You visitors:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP