FOLLOW ME - You know you want to. If Baca can get 100 I know I can get 200!

Sep 14, 2009

New old paintball stuff...

About 14 years ago two things happened that surprised me.
The first - Dave "Youngblood" Dehaan started making and selling barrels with a $150+ price tag. The second - players bought them. Dave Youngblood (Enterprise (DYE)) could not make his heavy, surgical grade, 303 stainless steel backed Boomstick fast enough to keep up with the demand. Those that did not like the weight thought nothing about laying down $180 plus for the titanium backed Boomstick.

I'm pretty sure it was about that same time that paintball lost its "innocence." It was no longer cool to build your own stick feed out of pvc. Bending a piece of flat stock to make your own rear stock was ho-hum. It was about that time that "agg" was invented, only it would not be known as agg for another eight or so years. Suddenly it didn't matter how good you were on the field as long as you were stylin' with the best and most expensive.

Rumor has it Dye is bringing back the Boomstick. They may also have a new gun. Something other than another DM. A "NT." It should be interesting. You never know when something new might be coming along that will change paintball, again.

1 comments:

Reiner Schafer Sep 14, 2009, 9:32:00 AM  

Paintball is like most other things in life now. It's not how good you are that counts, it's how good you look that counts. I have a 12 year old nephew that lives with us, and it's very frustrating to see him care ten times more about what he looks like than how to improve his game. Such is life, I guess.

Popular Posts

From around the net...

OH NO, you didn't just say THAT!


"A billion-dollar company tried to steal my identity, and I was able to fight and regain my identity. That's why I'm on cloud nine; I fought the giant and I'm a success story against Activision." (Greg Hastings)
---------

Yakity yak.... 3 shot rulz... take 3 shots at my field and take a break. what's the hurry? who ya tryin to impress? this aint no freak show! why waste paint? can't hit em with three? throw three more. can't hit em with them? go fishin~ (me, on Facebook)
---------

Yes, I know Steve Davidson found the property that was the site of the first ever paintball game. No, I don't care. (Dale from the Ford Report)
---------

"How is paintball like golf? Golf is played outdoors on nice, well kept grass or, if something goes horribly wrong, off in the woods. Same with paintball." (Baca Loco)


Find more notable quotes at "Oh NO, you didn't just say that!"
copyright t-square paintball. Thank You visitors:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP