FOLLOW ME - You know you want to. If Baca can get 100 I know I can get 200!

Oct 20, 2009

Pay me now. Or pay me later.


Had a marker come in the other day.  It was not re-cocking.   Typically this means it needs to be cleaned.  This one REALLY needed cleaning..

It doesn't show real clear in the picture but the slime and discoloration is old paint.  It had the consistency of molasses and had everything glued together.  After prying the body apart I had to pry the connecting rod out and pull the front bolt off the power tube.

The ball detent (the orange thing in the lower left) is being held down by the bolt in the picture.  When I removed the bolt it stayed down, glued together.  The rear striker (not shown) as well as the power tube assembly with valve had to be pealed away from the body.  Getting everything clean took half a bottle of Goo-Gone (great stuff by the way).  I would have used oven cleaner but I was afraid it might hurt the finish.

The point to all this is the player may have saved a few dollars buying some cheap paint online or at a big lot store but he ended up paying me twice what he saved to get his marker working again.  It's human nature to try and find the "good deal."  It's also true that you get what you pay for.


*Fourteenth Law of Paintball
Most people who TALK a good game don't PLAY a good game.


Be sure to share this post with friends.
Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Popular Posts

From around the net...

OH NO, you didn't just say THAT!


"A billion-dollar company tried to steal my identity, and I was able to fight and regain my identity. That's why I'm on cloud nine; I fought the giant and I'm a success story against Activision." (Greg Hastings)
---------

Yakity yak.... 3 shot rulz... take 3 shots at my field and take a break. what's the hurry? who ya tryin to impress? this aint no freak show! why waste paint? can't hit em with three? throw three more. can't hit em with them? go fishin~ (me, on Facebook)
---------

Yes, I know Steve Davidson found the property that was the site of the first ever paintball game. No, I don't care. (Dale from the Ford Report)
---------

"How is paintball like golf? Golf is played outdoors on nice, well kept grass or, if something goes horribly wrong, off in the woods. Same with paintball." (Baca Loco)


Find more notable quotes at "Oh NO, you didn't just say that!"
copyright t-square paintball. Thank You visitors:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP