FOLLOW ME - You know you want to. If Baca can get 100 I know I can get 200!

Nov 7, 2009

Saturday Paintball Reruns...

From June 19, 2005

Dad comes in with four kids...

They’re hardly tall enough to see over the check-in counter so I check their waiver cards to make sure they’re old enough to play. No problems.

The kids are fired up, ready to play. Dad looks over at a group of players near the T.V. that are watching the safety brief - 17, maybe 18, wearing camo and setting up their own guns.

"You kids sure you want to play against those guy?" Dad says hitching a finger toward the T.V.



And it happened in an instant. I saw it in the kid's eyes. The fun and fire turned into doubt and apprehension.

Dad says, "We want to play as a separate group."

"Sorry, Sir. You need 12 or more to make a group."

"I’ll pay for 12!"

"Well, Sir, if I could spare a referee that would mean 12 times $15."

"I don't care about the money."

"Sorry, I can’t pull a walk-on ref for a group of five."

"Well. It doesn’t seem right that these kids have to play with those adults" (ummm, hello. YOU plan to play with the kids!)

Later, I over hear Dad trying to cajole a couple of my younger refs into letting them play as a private group!

I stepped from around the corner of the gun shed and addressed the four boys. "You guys grab your gear and go out there and show those big guys how to play paintball. The refs will make sure everyone plays fair and safe!"

Man. I was fuming. I headed for my office to calm down. I didn’t care for Dad’s arrogance, I didn’t care for him putting doubt in the kid’s minds and I sure as heck didn’t care for him going around me and trying to push his way past my refs!

Four hours later I happened to be standing outside when Dad and the four kids were heading for the parking lot.

The kids were chattering away, one saying, "What a blast! - while another was telling his friend, "I’m gonna have my birthday party, here!"

Ok...I'll say it.

Sometimes I wish the Dads (and Moms) would stay home!

3 comments:

Anonymous,  Nov 7, 2009, 4:53:00 PM  

Sounds like a blast... glad I'm not into the field running anymore :]

Illuminati,  Nov 8, 2009, 2:14:00 AM  

At the field I work at it always cracks me up that the 12-13 year olds are ready to play at the drop of a hat and yet the parents seem more scared than the kids.

mick Nov 8, 2009, 8:58:00 AM  

I know exactly what you mean.

Popular Posts

From around the net...

OH NO, you didn't just say THAT!


"A billion-dollar company tried to steal my identity, and I was able to fight and regain my identity. That's why I'm on cloud nine; I fought the giant and I'm a success story against Activision." (Greg Hastings)
---------

Yakity yak.... 3 shot rulz... take 3 shots at my field and take a break. what's the hurry? who ya tryin to impress? this aint no freak show! why waste paint? can't hit em with three? throw three more. can't hit em with them? go fishin~ (me, on Facebook)
---------

Yes, I know Steve Davidson found the property that was the site of the first ever paintball game. No, I don't care. (Dale from the Ford Report)
---------

"How is paintball like golf? Golf is played outdoors on nice, well kept grass or, if something goes horribly wrong, off in the woods. Same with paintball." (Baca Loco)


Find more notable quotes at "Oh NO, you didn't just say that!"
copyright t-square paintball. Thank You visitors:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP