FOLLOW ME - You know you want to. If Baca can get 100 I know I can get 200!

Jan 6, 2010

Paintball Whatzit exposed...


Awhile back I offered up this odd little item and asked folks to try and identify it. A few T-Square locals knew what it was. I allowed some of them to borrow it under the threat of a long, painful, agonizing flogging if I didn't get it back. Unless you have had to stand in line at a Smart Parts booth to have a Shocker repaired I didn't expect anyone to correctly come up with its function.


There is a small, hard oring on a Shocker SFT/NXT marker that is nearly impossible to replace.  It's hard to stretch onto the bolt and I would usually end up nicking or breaking it. It's a crucial oring andcan not be replaced with just any oring. I saw this little "rocket nose cone" tool one year at World Cup and rushed home to try and make my own. I have no talent or tools for metal work so I tried to make one out of wood with no success.

One of my players came to my rescue when he mentioned his Dad was a machinist.  After a little negotiating I ended up with a cool tool that slips over the end of the Shocker bolt and allows me to ease the oring up the nose cone till it reaches the bolt.

It works great, no it's not for sale and it's proof again that any job is easy if you have the right tools.


Be sure to share this Paintblog with a friend.
Bookmark and Share

Shop Amazon

0 comments:

Popular Posts

From around the net...

OH NO, you didn't just say THAT!


"A billion-dollar company tried to steal my identity, and I was able to fight and regain my identity. That's why I'm on cloud nine; I fought the giant and I'm a success story against Activision." (Greg Hastings)
---------

Yakity yak.... 3 shot rulz... take 3 shots at my field and take a break. what's the hurry? who ya tryin to impress? this aint no freak show! why waste paint? can't hit em with three? throw three more. can't hit em with them? go fishin~ (me, on Facebook)
---------

Yes, I know Steve Davidson found the property that was the site of the first ever paintball game. No, I don't care. (Dale from the Ford Report)
---------

"How is paintball like golf? Golf is played outdoors on nice, well kept grass or, if something goes horribly wrong, off in the woods. Same with paintball." (Baca Loco)


Find more notable quotes at "Oh NO, you didn't just say that!"
copyright t-square paintball. Thank You visitors:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP