FOLLOW ME - You know you want to. If Baca can get 100 I know I can get 200!

Feb 23, 2010

1 + 1 + 1 + ...

I'm starting to get more calls that start out with, "How many players are out there?"

It's a sign of the times, of course. Paintball is in a decline and the weather has been crappy. Players want to be assured there will be plenty of players to join in with. (If that makes you think "target rich environment" I prefer you stay at home.)

Problem is, if you call and ask, what do I say?

If there is no one playing do I say things are slow?  And if the next person calls with the same question with three buddies wanting to play do I say things are slow? And if later a couple of players come in and see that things are slow do I tell them to go home? There might be a group of players just hitting the exit and heading this way.

Before I know it I've turned off a dozen players.

Grab a friend and head out to your local field and play. It might turn out to be a 1 on 1 but it's a start. Who knows who might trickle in and join in.

Paintball will come back.  We have to start some where.


Be sure to share this Paintblog with a friend.
Bookmark and Share
NXe Stuff

4 comments:

Illuminati,  Feb 23, 2010, 9:08:00 AM  

I used to have the same problem when I worked as a DJ at a club......nobody wants to be in an empty club; yet someone has to be there so that the other people will stay.

I ended up talking the manager into giving free drinks for the first hour or two of the nights.....that helped to make sure we had people around when other customers started trickling in.

The problem isnt just Paintball related.......people just dont understand that "someone has to start the party".

mick Feb 23, 2010, 9:37:00 AM  

Great point. And great idea. Thanks

Reiner Schafer Feb 23, 2010, 11:28:00 AM  

Mick, DO NOT give out free drinks for the first hour or two! ;)

That's a very bad idea.

mick Feb 23, 2010, 5:18:00 PM  

LMAO. Excellent point, Reiner. At least an hour!

Popular Posts

From around the net...

OH NO, you didn't just say THAT!


"A billion-dollar company tried to steal my identity, and I was able to fight and regain my identity. That's why I'm on cloud nine; I fought the giant and I'm a success story against Activision." (Greg Hastings)
---------

Yakity yak.... 3 shot rulz... take 3 shots at my field and take a break. what's the hurry? who ya tryin to impress? this aint no freak show! why waste paint? can't hit em with three? throw three more. can't hit em with them? go fishin~ (me, on Facebook)
---------

Yes, I know Steve Davidson found the property that was the site of the first ever paintball game. No, I don't care. (Dale from the Ford Report)
---------

"How is paintball like golf? Golf is played outdoors on nice, well kept grass or, if something goes horribly wrong, off in the woods. Same with paintball." (Baca Loco)


Find more notable quotes at "Oh NO, you didn't just say that!"
copyright t-square paintball. Thank You visitors:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP