FOLLOW ME - You know you want to. If Baca can get 100 I know I can get 200!

Mar 17, 2010

What does your paintball gear say about you?

Yes, I'm retired from the military - twenty two years in the Air Force. I'm told it shows in some of the little things I do and believe in. Some of the "Dress, right. Dress" has mellowed a bit since retiring but I still get why, in Basic Training, our under shorts had to be folding in perfect 4 inch squares. Some never got it and didn't make it. Others did and went on to be trusted with people's lives and billion dollar aircraft.

Life (and Basic Training) is a series of building blocks. Get the blocks lined up right and there's no telling how high you might get to stack them.  Pay no attention to how you stack them or intentionally leave a few out or disregard the importance of certain blocks and you speak volumes about how dependable and trustworthy and reliable a person you can be expected to become.

Sure. A gun plug will suffice since there is no safety. The air line forms a perfectly useful trigger guard. And there's no air source on the gun so there probably isn't one last shot stored in the regulator. Care to wonder how many other basics this player will choose to ignore, leave out or disregard during the day?

2 comments:

Reiner Schafer Mar 17, 2010, 9:53:00 AM  

I think my paintball gear says I'm a minimalist (stock class with 15 balls on board). Or maybe it says I'm cocky, thinking I'm better than the guy toting 600 paintballs around with him. I'm not sure.

One thing I do know it say is that I'm not there to shoot the hell out of everyone else.

Rev. Bruce Mar 18, 2010, 9:16:00 PM  

I've got to agree entirely! I was only in the army for about 2.5 years, but because of that experience, I am so extremely meticulous with my gear, that my X7 was fully stripped, cleaned, and lubed before and after each game; and again if it was sitting for more than 3 weeks!

Your analogy of the marker shown above is also spot on. I've seen to many players whose gear truly shows how they will be on the field!

Popular Posts

From around the net...

OH NO, you didn't just say THAT!


"A billion-dollar company tried to steal my identity, and I was able to fight and regain my identity. That's why I'm on cloud nine; I fought the giant and I'm a success story against Activision." (Greg Hastings)
---------

Yakity yak.... 3 shot rulz... take 3 shots at my field and take a break. what's the hurry? who ya tryin to impress? this aint no freak show! why waste paint? can't hit em with three? throw three more. can't hit em with them? go fishin~ (me, on Facebook)
---------

Yes, I know Steve Davidson found the property that was the site of the first ever paintball game. No, I don't care. (Dale from the Ford Report)
---------

"How is paintball like golf? Golf is played outdoors on nice, well kept grass or, if something goes horribly wrong, off in the woods. Same with paintball." (Baca Loco)


Find more notable quotes at "Oh NO, you didn't just say that!"
copyright t-square paintball. Thank You visitors:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP