FOLLOW ME - You know you want to. If Baca can get 100 I know I can get 200!

Apr 15, 2010

My paintball niche...

Someone asked me recently what I blog about on my paintball blog. I pushed back the urge to go for the obvious sarcastic answer and went with, "I blog about all the stuff that's not covered in the paintball tournament/scenario competition blogs."

"What else is there?" was his serious retort.

Heavy sigh...

While the paintball media (TV, Blogs, Forums, Podcasts, Web Pages, etc.) is all about the next competition field layout, tournament ready marker or who just jumped from what team to another, ninety six percent of the "real world" of paintball is being played out all across the world on small fields in small towns.

Granted, it would be nice to be able to skip the pond and report back on the Millennium series or hob knob in the VIP tents at major events with the paintball glamoratti but someone needs to stay home, mind the store and see to it that the future of paintball is looked after.

It's a heavy burden and a thankless responsibility but someone has to do it. (sarcasm on) I guess that's why the industry skews all the profit margin my way - so I can make all the big bucks. (sarcasm off)

4 comments:

Richelle Shattell Apr 15, 2010, 9:55:00 PM  

90% of any part of the "real world" is the blood, sweat, and tears of the nameless man who does most or all of the heavy lifting.

If you can manage to do something that gives you a little self-satisfaction with a dash of fun on the side...eh, who needs money anyway? :)

mick Apr 16, 2010, 8:58:00 AM  

LOL...yeah, but the cash is nice too!

Richelle Shattell Apr 17, 2010, 9:50:00 PM  

Ok, ok. It is a material world and we are all a material girl...or boy. My comment sounded kind of noble and poetic, though, right? hahaha

--Urging more people to play paintball and bring more money to Mick's pocket!

mick Apr 18, 2010, 10:14:00 AM  

very noble, indeed. But you're right, finding something you like to do certainly makes going to work easier.

Popular Posts

From around the net...

OH NO, you didn't just say THAT!


"A billion-dollar company tried to steal my identity, and I was able to fight and regain my identity. That's why I'm on cloud nine; I fought the giant and I'm a success story against Activision." (Greg Hastings)
---------

Yakity yak.... 3 shot rulz... take 3 shots at my field and take a break. what's the hurry? who ya tryin to impress? this aint no freak show! why waste paint? can't hit em with three? throw three more. can't hit em with them? go fishin~ (me, on Facebook)
---------

Yes, I know Steve Davidson found the property that was the site of the first ever paintball game. No, I don't care. (Dale from the Ford Report)
---------

"How is paintball like golf? Golf is played outdoors on nice, well kept grass or, if something goes horribly wrong, off in the woods. Same with paintball." (Baca Loco)


Find more notable quotes at "Oh NO, you didn't just say that!"
copyright t-square paintball. Thank You visitors:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP