FOLLOW ME - You know you want to. If Baca can get 100 I know I can get 200!

Apr 27, 2010

Paintball Myths - Part Four

Here's the fourth in the series by Billy Goodman on Paintball Myths:

Longer barrels shoot better/with more accuracy

Again, this is an attempt to apply firearms principles where they don't necessarily apply. On rifled firearm barrels, more length can equate to more spin, a more stable trajectory, etc. Paintball gun barrels aren't really even barrels in the same sense, and would probably be more properly termed "launch tubes" (which I think Glen Palmer has referred to them as..)
For paintball guns, the barrel only needs to be long enough to allow the ball to accelerate up to speed. What actual length of barrel works best is determined by valve timing and operating pressure of the particular gun. Any length beyond what is needed to get the ball to speed only provides added friction, which slows the ball down. In other words, a barrel that's too long will have to have more gas to overcome the friction effect to accelerate the ball up to a given speed, making that barrel less efficient.


Be sure to share this Paintblog with a friend.
Bookmark and Share
Amazon.com for Laptop Computers & Accessories

1 comments:

Nick Bennett,  Apr 28, 2010, 10:08:00 PM  

haha i was trying to tell my friend this but he wouldnt believe me, thanks for posting something about it!

Popular Posts

From around the net...

OH NO, you didn't just say THAT!


"A billion-dollar company tried to steal my identity, and I was able to fight and regain my identity. That's why I'm on cloud nine; I fought the giant and I'm a success story against Activision." (Greg Hastings)
---------

Yakity yak.... 3 shot rulz... take 3 shots at my field and take a break. what's the hurry? who ya tryin to impress? this aint no freak show! why waste paint? can't hit em with three? throw three more. can't hit em with them? go fishin~ (me, on Facebook)
---------

Yes, I know Steve Davidson found the property that was the site of the first ever paintball game. No, I don't care. (Dale from the Ford Report)
---------

"How is paintball like golf? Golf is played outdoors on nice, well kept grass or, if something goes horribly wrong, off in the woods. Same with paintball." (Baca Loco)


Find more notable quotes at "Oh NO, you didn't just say that!"
copyright t-square paintball. Thank You visitors:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP