FOLLOW ME - You know you want to. If Baca can get 100 I know I can get 200!

Feb 16, 2009

The Girls of Paintball - Alicia Turner of London Notorious...

Do girls play paintball? They sure do. And many of them play for some of the best teams in the world. Alicia Turner is a young 21 year old who lives across the pond and competes in the Millennium Series with the Division 1 team London Notorious (also known as the Notorious Kidz). This is the second in a series (The first can be seen here) covering The Girls of Paintball interviews.

Hi Alicia. The basic question first - How and when did you get started in paintball?

I started playing rec ball with my brother when I was about 17.

You live in the United Kingdom. Have you been to the states to play? If so is there a noticeable difference between players and style?

I've never played in the states, but we have allot of American players in the Millennium series. There is a difference in style of play, you guys play more aggressive but I think we're going to be up there with you this season.

Tell us about your team.

My team is called London Notorious, and we play in the SPL league of the Millennium Series, we practice at Dartford Sevens. www. d7s. co. uk.

What position do you play on the team?

Anywhere, usually T-bag side. (At this point I had to write back and ask Alicia what a T-Bag is. Anyone want to take a guess? Keep it clean!)

Do you get any time for rec ball?

Unfortunately, I don't really have time for it anymore because of practice.

What would you say to girls who might be thinking about playing paintball?

Uh, I'd say, just go for it, dive around, get dirty, get covered in bruises and cuts. It'll only make you a better player. Also, ask the boys for help. I think it's better to play the way a guy plays, you get more respect.

I always ask the last person I interview what they would like to ask the next person I interview. Audrey Eckroth of the Femmes Fatale asks, “Who did you get coaching from?”

Our owner, Dave, is also our coach. He gets us doing fitness and drills etc every weekend. If not Dave, then we have Nexus or Shock (CPL teams) helping us out at practices.
And what would you like me to ask the next person I interview?

How easy did they find it coming through the ranks of a male orientated sport?

Thank you Alicia.


Bunker'd!: Tournament Paintball Complete

4 comments:

paintball sniper Apr 29, 2009, 1:37:00 PM  

Great interview. Following you on Twitter now so I can check back frequently. Link to my blog paintball sniper blogMore pics of the girls next time.(-;

mick Apr 29, 2009, 1:44:00 PM  

Thanks..more pics? hmmmmmmmm?

Unknown Jun 3, 2009, 8:29:00 PM  

T-Bag in the UK is a Dorito.

Coz it looks like a Tea Bag...

Popular Posts

From around the net...

OH NO, you didn't just say THAT!


"A billion-dollar company tried to steal my identity, and I was able to fight and regain my identity. That's why I'm on cloud nine; I fought the giant and I'm a success story against Activision." (Greg Hastings)
---------

Yakity yak.... 3 shot rulz... take 3 shots at my field and take a break. what's the hurry? who ya tryin to impress? this aint no freak show! why waste paint? can't hit em with three? throw three more. can't hit em with them? go fishin~ (me, on Facebook)
---------

Yes, I know Steve Davidson found the property that was the site of the first ever paintball game. No, I don't care. (Dale from the Ford Report)
---------

"How is paintball like golf? Golf is played outdoors on nice, well kept grass or, if something goes horribly wrong, off in the woods. Same with paintball." (Baca Loco)


Find more notable quotes at "Oh NO, you didn't just say that!"
copyright t-square paintball. Thank You visitors:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP