FOLLOW ME - You know you want to. If Baca can get 100 I know I can get 200!

Nov 24, 2009

Comments. Thank you?

I like comments. It only takes one or two every now and then to make me happy. Sometimes I hit the comment jackpot.  Like I did when I invited my Facebook friends to read this.  Fifty four comments resulted on Facebook. Comments can be good for a writer's ego. They can also be distressing.  I deleted seven due to dirty language my sailor friend informed me had not been documented yet.  Half took the, "I wouldn't touch an 'effing' rental gun ever," direction while the others defended the lowly shooter.  I'd show a sample of the comments but they were lost when Facebook disabled my account.

Another time I hit the comment jackpot was on PBNation when I suggested there was no such thing as an "accidental" marker discharge. I suggested you could not pull the trigger by accident and explained how a gun going off when bumped was not an accident but rather a result of someone setting the trigger ridiculously tight.  Fourteen forum pages later it was a toss up as to whether I was a moron or a genius.

Comment if you get a chance.  I don't think there is a Mom out there who hasn't used the line, "If you can't say something nice don't say anything at all."  In the case of paintball comments - anything goes!

Be sure to share this Paintblog with a friend.
Bookmark and Share
Amazon.com Video Games deal of the day

2 comments:

Caleb Nov 24, 2009, 9:40:00 AM  

You should give your two top commenters a gift. *cough*

I like reading your blog because your not afraid to speak your mind. Sometimes t's nice to hear people rant and not whine. Too often people get those confused.
Also, it seems a lot of people who run a blog or website are trying to win a popularity contest. It tends to form their opinions into something that is less real. You, Mick, are definitely real.
~ Caleb
P.S. Don't forget to start thawing your turkey today ;-)

mick Nov 24, 2009, 1:54:00 PM  

Thank you Caleb. I'm seriously going to write your comment down and tack it on the board in front of my keyboard to remind myself why I do it.

As for the other two thoughts...a gift? hmmmmmm! And the turkey? I went all presidential on mine and gave him a pardon. I'm going to let one of Little Rock's fine dining establishments take care of the cooking this year (Bubba Brian's Barbecue and Bowling Alley).

Thanks again. Your comment made my day!

Popular Posts

From around the net...

OH NO, you didn't just say THAT!


"A billion-dollar company tried to steal my identity, and I was able to fight and regain my identity. That's why I'm on cloud nine; I fought the giant and I'm a success story against Activision." (Greg Hastings)
---------

Yakity yak.... 3 shot rulz... take 3 shots at my field and take a break. what's the hurry? who ya tryin to impress? this aint no freak show! why waste paint? can't hit em with three? throw three more. can't hit em with them? go fishin~ (me, on Facebook)
---------

Yes, I know Steve Davidson found the property that was the site of the first ever paintball game. No, I don't care. (Dale from the Ford Report)
---------

"How is paintball like golf? Golf is played outdoors on nice, well kept grass or, if something goes horribly wrong, off in the woods. Same with paintball." (Baca Loco)


Find more notable quotes at "Oh NO, you didn't just say that!"
copyright t-square paintball. Thank You visitors:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP