FOLLOW ME - You know you want to. If Baca can get 100 I know I can get 200!

Nov 23, 2009

Bunker business...


Setting up a bunker is more than just throwing up some pallets or staking down an air ball can. It's an art as well as a science. There's even a bit of psychology involved. Building a safe bunker is most important but you don't want to make a bunker to comfortable. A bunker isn't a place where you want players camping out. A bunker should be a stopping off point on the way to the next one.

Building an impenetrable bunker is not good. A bunker that can not be taken will create a stalemate and will frustrate attackers. Building a bunker a player will get slaughtered in is not good either because, well... it's not a bunker at all.  When you build a tournament field you have to consider symetry and mirrors.  Too sanitary and boring in my mind.

The one thing I miss here at T-Square is terrain.  A flood plain tends to be pretty flat.  Digging trenches and piling up dirt helps till it rains and the dirt turns into mud and the ditches fill up with water. I once had a group talk me into taking them out when there was 6 inches of water standing on the entire 40 acres.  I watched a running player suddenly disappear. A split second later he came up out of a ditch/bunker that was hidden by the water, splashing and yelling and fortunately, laughing.

A bunker can be as elaborate as an EMR castle or as simple as a brush pile. What's your favorite kind of bunker?

Be sure to share this Paintblog with a friend.
Bookmark and Share
IPod deals

2 comments:

Cliff,  Nov 24, 2009, 2:13:00 AM  

tall ones for big people!!!!

mick Nov 24, 2009, 7:46:00 AM  

LMAO... Only because I grew up short can I understand your tall problem. Does that make any sense? Maybe I can set up a "Cliff Rule" - any hit above your belly button doesn't count.

Popular Posts

From around the net...

OH NO, you didn't just say THAT!


"A billion-dollar company tried to steal my identity, and I was able to fight and regain my identity. That's why I'm on cloud nine; I fought the giant and I'm a success story against Activision." (Greg Hastings)
---------

Yakity yak.... 3 shot rulz... take 3 shots at my field and take a break. what's the hurry? who ya tryin to impress? this aint no freak show! why waste paint? can't hit em with three? throw three more. can't hit em with them? go fishin~ (me, on Facebook)
---------

Yes, I know Steve Davidson found the property that was the site of the first ever paintball game. No, I don't care. (Dale from the Ford Report)
---------

"How is paintball like golf? Golf is played outdoors on nice, well kept grass or, if something goes horribly wrong, off in the woods. Same with paintball." (Baca Loco)


Find more notable quotes at "Oh NO, you didn't just say that!"
copyright t-square paintball. Thank You visitors:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP