FOLLOW ME - You know you want to. If Baca can get 100 I know I can get 200!

Jul 29, 2005

Sorry VW...

When folks ask me about putting an electronic grip on a Spyder or Tippmann or Piranha or similar rec ball gun I use to say, "That would be like supercharging a Volkswagen". To be fair to the Volkswagen people I really need to find a new analogy. I've seen some pretty fast VW's out there lately.

Actually my analogy works if you remember I'm 50+ years old. My idea of a Volkswagen is the OOOOLD style "Beetle" (Does anyone remember the split rear window model?). I think those things topped out at about 40 horse power. The thought of supercharging something like that was akin to putting a supercharged engine on a roller skate.

Ever hear the expression, "The mind is willing but the body is weak"?

My mind might think I could finish a triathlon but I doubt my body would allow it. Putting electronic brains on a rec ball gun might send "shoot fast" signals to the gun's body, but it won't be long before the body wears out, you chip the sear, ding the hammer catch or crack the grip frame.

Tournament players shoot $2500 dollar electronic guns for reasons that actually exceed their egos. It takes that kind of money to buy a gun that has been designed and manufactured to truly be capable of shooting, and sustaining, the rate of fire that rec ball players are trying to achieve with Wallymart guns.

Do you really need a high rate of fire paintball gun? If you think you do you might want to examine your motives.

Are you trying to keep up with your high rate of fire friends?? Maybe you need some new friends. Come out to T-Square where high rate of fire is not allowed and aiming the paintball gun is encouraged.

Are you wanting to hit someone with 10 or 15 balls per second? I suggest you find a new game. Sadists and psychos don't do much for the game's image.

Are you trying to increase your accuracy by way of volume? May I suggest practicing with a pump gun!

Are you trying to make me rich through paint sales? Sorry, you're on the wrong track. It's the smile of a young player who just took out a "big gun" with one, well placed, orb of yellow paint that fills my coffers with gold!

0 comments:

Popular Posts

From around the net...

OH NO, you didn't just say THAT!


"A billion-dollar company tried to steal my identity, and I was able to fight and regain my identity. That's why I'm on cloud nine; I fought the giant and I'm a success story against Activision." (Greg Hastings)
---------

Yakity yak.... 3 shot rulz... take 3 shots at my field and take a break. what's the hurry? who ya tryin to impress? this aint no freak show! why waste paint? can't hit em with three? throw three more. can't hit em with them? go fishin~ (me, on Facebook)
---------

Yes, I know Steve Davidson found the property that was the site of the first ever paintball game. No, I don't care. (Dale from the Ford Report)
---------

"How is paintball like golf? Golf is played outdoors on nice, well kept grass or, if something goes horribly wrong, off in the woods. Same with paintball." (Baca Loco)


Find more notable quotes at "Oh NO, you didn't just say that!"
copyright t-square paintball. Thank You visitors:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP