FOLLOW ME - You know you want to. If Baca can get 100 I know I can get 200!

Mar 13, 2008

Fads and trends and lost revenue...

Depending on how you look at it you could say I currently own 178 paintball guns. Technically, T-Square Paintball owns 176. Only 2 are actually mine and as you might expect, both are "old school" - my Autococker (mechanical) and an Automag (extremely "upped" - still mechanical).

They both have drop forwards.

Back in the day a drop forward was a must have. The Autococker by today's standards is a behemoth. A drop forward sets the tank forward and balances the marker making it easier to handle. It also allowed the shooter to get in tight with the gun which theoretically would make you a smaller target. What getting tighter with the gun actually did was get you closer to the game and get you hit more often. But everyone was in tighter and getting hit more often so nobody noticed.

Today guns are long and lean. Like a long sniper barrel your aim point is extended and, theoretically, improves accuracy. Actually what it does is put the shooter further behind the bunker with just the barrel of the marker exposed.

There was a time when I sold dozens of drop forwards, along with the latest and greatest ASA add on, every month. Now I can't give them away. I managed to get $4 for one on EBay the other day that would normally sell for $32. Considering my wholesale cost I lost $19 on the deal.

I have a bunch of expansion chambers somewhere. The bottom fell out on those about 8 years ago. Same with venturi bolts, game timers and 9 ounce CO2 tanks.

On the positive side stocks and sight rails are making a come back. Problem is I dumped all of my old ones on EBay a long time ago, losing around $12 on each one.

And it's not like you can see these things coming. Fads are a fickle thing. We would all be millionaires today if we could have seen the pet rock or hula-hoop coming. Or if we could have predicted the Dot.com crash a month ahead of time.

I could just say, "Oh well!"

Actually, I think I will.

"Oh well!"

Popular Posts

From around the net...

OH NO, you didn't just say THAT!


"A billion-dollar company tried to steal my identity, and I was able to fight and regain my identity. That's why I'm on cloud nine; I fought the giant and I'm a success story against Activision." (Greg Hastings)
---------

Yakity yak.... 3 shot rulz... take 3 shots at my field and take a break. what's the hurry? who ya tryin to impress? this aint no freak show! why waste paint? can't hit em with three? throw three more. can't hit em with them? go fishin~ (me, on Facebook)
---------

Yes, I know Steve Davidson found the property that was the site of the first ever paintball game. No, I don't care. (Dale from the Ford Report)
---------

"How is paintball like golf? Golf is played outdoors on nice, well kept grass or, if something goes horribly wrong, off in the woods. Same with paintball." (Baca Loco)


Find more notable quotes at "Oh NO, you didn't just say that!"
copyright t-square paintball. Thank You visitors:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP