FOLLOW ME - You know you want to. If Baca can get 100 I know I can get 200!

May 23, 2008

So it's Friday and I'm just now starting to recuperate from Sunday's Big Game. A couple of mornings fishing helped. The water is finally down at the Red River and the Browns are banging pretty hard on my favorite Rapalla.

The typical question I hear during the week after is, "How did it go?"

My typical answer, "No one got hurt."

One hundred and sixty three hot dogs, 103 cases of paint, five 50 pound CO2 tanks, 4 hours on the compressor clock, 85 degrees, over $500 in raffle prizes given away, 166 players...

Too many players. The only reason I didn't run out of parking space was we parked cars inside the fence where next Big Game I hope to have the new shooting range and laser tag field.

Should I have a sign up cutoff (104 players were walk-ons, 10 of the 72 that signed up didn't show)? Maybe charge an entry fee? Maybe charge a non-refundable paint deposit and charge walk-ons an entry fee?

Someone suggested instead of 2 Big Games a year I should do 4. My field manager over heard and threatened to have me committed. She enjoys the Big Games. It's my pinging for two weeks prior that makes her crazy.

Seems like a small price to pay for all the fun we have.

In the mean time it's back to more routine things - power, for some reason has decided to stop flowing to the airball field. Netting on the observation walkway needs to be repaired. New bunkers need to be put together. The spool field is due for a complete replacement. New field guns have to be tested. Old guns need to be repaired.

Oh, and I have to start planning for November's Big Game.

Popular Posts

From around the net...

OH NO, you didn't just say THAT!


"A billion-dollar company tried to steal my identity, and I was able to fight and regain my identity. That's why I'm on cloud nine; I fought the giant and I'm a success story against Activision." (Greg Hastings)
---------

Yakity yak.... 3 shot rulz... take 3 shots at my field and take a break. what's the hurry? who ya tryin to impress? this aint no freak show! why waste paint? can't hit em with three? throw three more. can't hit em with them? go fishin~ (me, on Facebook)
---------

Yes, I know Steve Davidson found the property that was the site of the first ever paintball game. No, I don't care. (Dale from the Ford Report)
---------

"How is paintball like golf? Golf is played outdoors on nice, well kept grass or, if something goes horribly wrong, off in the woods. Same with paintball." (Baca Loco)


Find more notable quotes at "Oh NO, you didn't just say that!"
copyright t-square paintball. Thank You visitors:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP