FOLLOW ME - You know you want to. If Baca can get 100 I know I can get 200!

Aug 13, 2008

Paintball...


I've lost my writing mojo lately so I hope a picture will do. It's not like there isn't enough going on. Some things are better left alone. Like the discussion going on over at PBN about whether the German swastika should be allowed at WWII paintball games. It embarrasses me to think such a conversation would be relevant to paintball. The whole idea of paintball "war games" creeps me out.

Before 9/11 the industry was afraid paintball was attracting the para-military crowd. After 9/11 there were those that were pretty sure terrorists were using paintball for training. Now with the military simulation trend there's concern we may be attracting skin heads and various "sympathizer" groups. I honestly can't think of another sport or hobby that has gone through so many different mood swings in such a short 20 year period.

Woodsball, CO2, quick changer, hyperball, red dots, speedball, BDU's, Big Games, uniforms, cheap guns, scenarios, expensive loaders, "tournament ready", ROF, ramping, cheater boards, rifled barrels, 2 packs, 12 packs, ... I've probably missed out on a lot of business by not chasing after one fad or another.

For me it's just paintball. A game. Fun.

Popular Posts

From around the net...

OH NO, you didn't just say THAT!


"A billion-dollar company tried to steal my identity, and I was able to fight and regain my identity. That's why I'm on cloud nine; I fought the giant and I'm a success story against Activision." (Greg Hastings)
---------

Yakity yak.... 3 shot rulz... take 3 shots at my field and take a break. what's the hurry? who ya tryin to impress? this aint no freak show! why waste paint? can't hit em with three? throw three more. can't hit em with them? go fishin~ (me, on Facebook)
---------

Yes, I know Steve Davidson found the property that was the site of the first ever paintball game. No, I don't care. (Dale from the Ford Report)
---------

"How is paintball like golf? Golf is played outdoors on nice, well kept grass or, if something goes horribly wrong, off in the woods. Same with paintball." (Baca Loco)


Find more notable quotes at "Oh NO, you didn't just say that!"
copyright t-square paintball. Thank You visitors:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP