FOLLOW ME - You know you want to. If Baca can get 100 I know I can get 200!

Aug 19, 2009

Back at the Paintball shop...

I hate having to tell someone their CO2 or HPA (high pressure air) tank is past inspection date. Watching them go through the five stages of grief can be very traumatic.

First there is denial. "No way! I just bought that tank (3 years ago, used). How can it be out of date?"

Then anger. "Bull$%!&! Let me see that thing. Stupid @$$ rules."

Then bargaining. "Awe, C'mon. Fill it anyway. So what if you face a $20,000 fine and 5 years in jail. I won't tell anyone."

Then depression. "Oh man. I'm not going to be able to play this weekend."

And even when they reach the acceptance stage and start looking at the display of new tanks they still have that, "You're just trying to sell me something!" look in their eye.

It's always something.

4 comments:

Captain Sid Aug 19, 2009, 1:33:00 PM  

I know that feeling all to well.

Interesting blog.

mick Aug 19, 2009, 1:57:00 PM  

Thanks, Captain. Hope you will come back and read some more.

Brules,  Aug 19, 2009, 5:41:00 PM  

1 pissed off customer is better than a tank exploding.....

Though Mick, you do still need some method of checking players tank that get filled at the air station on Sat/Sun. Check and then somehow indicate it has been checked like you do the dots for the hopper when people chrono.

Maybe a dot on the tank gauge?

Or a weird colored zip tie around the bottle neck. 1 color is ok till then end of 2009 (ie if my tank has a yellow zip tie, then everyone knows it is ok to fill through 2009 - Jan 1 2010, you switch to a new color).

Just my $.02, but after seeing that vid you posted of the tank blowing up in that one pro shop....wow.....paranoid = good thing.

mick Aug 19, 2009, 6:34:00 PM  

Good observation and idea. I'm afraid I've relied to much on the user's honesty (and awareness) and on the gun shed help to monitor fills and tank dates. Something more visible is a good idea.

Popular Posts

From around the net...

OH NO, you didn't just say THAT!


"A billion-dollar company tried to steal my identity, and I was able to fight and regain my identity. That's why I'm on cloud nine; I fought the giant and I'm a success story against Activision." (Greg Hastings)
---------

Yakity yak.... 3 shot rulz... take 3 shots at my field and take a break. what's the hurry? who ya tryin to impress? this aint no freak show! why waste paint? can't hit em with three? throw three more. can't hit em with them? go fishin~ (me, on Facebook)
---------

Yes, I know Steve Davidson found the property that was the site of the first ever paintball game. No, I don't care. (Dale from the Ford Report)
---------

"How is paintball like golf? Golf is played outdoors on nice, well kept grass or, if something goes horribly wrong, off in the woods. Same with paintball." (Baca Loco)


Find more notable quotes at "Oh NO, you didn't just say that!"
copyright t-square paintball. Thank You visitors:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP