FOLLOW ME - You know you want to. If Baca can get 100 I know I can get 200!

Aug 14, 2009

Excuse me while I ponder off topic...


This has nothing to do with paintball or maybe everything to do with paintball. I guess anything could be turned into something about paintball. At the risk of sounding like the odd guy at the end of the bench I literally gasped when I first saw this photo. It was full screen so it loses a bit of its "OH WOW" here but it still amazes me.

After the gasp came awe and wonder at the site of the Hoover dam, built in the 1930's, and the new Hoover Dam Bypass Bridge. Only the awe and wonder I feel when I think about how man landed on the moon and returned is greater. What we can accomplish when working together is the awe part. The wonder part comes when trying to understand why we can't get much simpler, smaller things right.

I remember something from a long ago psychology class that explained how we deal with bad crap here on earth by reaching for the stars. We build huge bridges to help us forget about all the small ones that are falling apart. It's human nature to fixate on the 6 o'clock news story about the guy that walks into a Pennsylvania gym and kills a bunch of people so we can forget about the guy down the street that beats his wife.

Some how the professor made it sound like a good thing. Or at least a normal thing. The older I get the less sure I am. Figure paintball into all that anyway you see fit.

2 comments:

Brules,  Aug 14, 2009, 4:53:00 PM  

I flew into Vegas last year and we could see the bridge from the air....it is HUGE.

paintball Aug 15, 2009, 9:33:00 AM  

Hi great site, and good article
keek up the good work

Popular Posts

From around the net...

OH NO, you didn't just say THAT!


"A billion-dollar company tried to steal my identity, and I was able to fight and regain my identity. That's why I'm on cloud nine; I fought the giant and I'm a success story against Activision." (Greg Hastings)
---------

Yakity yak.... 3 shot rulz... take 3 shots at my field and take a break. what's the hurry? who ya tryin to impress? this aint no freak show! why waste paint? can't hit em with three? throw three more. can't hit em with them? go fishin~ (me, on Facebook)
---------

Yes, I know Steve Davidson found the property that was the site of the first ever paintball game. No, I don't care. (Dale from the Ford Report)
---------

"How is paintball like golf? Golf is played outdoors on nice, well kept grass or, if something goes horribly wrong, off in the woods. Same with paintball." (Baca Loco)


Find more notable quotes at "Oh NO, you didn't just say that!"
copyright t-square paintball. Thank You visitors:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP