FOLLOW ME - You know you want to. If Baca can get 100 I know I can get 200!

Nov 30, 2009

Paintball popularity contests...

It’s hard to be a “popular” paintball blog writer when I have so many bones to pick with paintball in general. It’s no secret that I’m not real happy with the tournament scene and I cringe at the mere mention of mil-sim. I’ve accused certain leading manufacturers of being bottom feeders and I do whatever I can to bring to light some of the “shoot ourselves in the foot” absurdities that occur way to often in this game.

I would think just being controversial would be enough to make me popular. It certainly works for some. I guess it’s not enough to just be controversial. Cussing is a pet peeve of mine and on an intellectual level I know why it’s a big part of our testosterone driven sport. Emotionally it pisses me off (Is piss a cuss word?) when I hear “Ef” this and “Ef” that in “popular” informational and instructional videos.

Of course, subject matter has a lot to do with whether your writing
will be popular. The more controversial the better I suppose.  I guess the daily activities involve with actually running a field and store isn’t all that interesting. Except for some of the antics of my customers there really isn’t much controversy involved.

Maybe I need interviews of naked women.

Yeah, right.

Where would I find naked women?

5 comments:

Baca Loco Nov 30, 2009, 9:59:00 AM  

First things first, Mick. Interviewing naked women--okay for you, not so much for your readers. Pictures.

Controversy is fine, but real is better. I'm guessing you didn't start your blog to be Mr. Popularity so it shouldn't be an issue.

Say what you want. Post what you want and as long as T-Square is the way you like it the rest is gravy. Besides, the threshold of basic literacy can be kinda steep for paintballers. Baby steps.

mick Nov 30, 2009, 12:22:00 PM  

LMAO...thanks, Baca for the words of wisdom. You're right, I started this as a place to vent. Somewhere along the line I let my writer's ego get the better of me. Baby steps!!!...LOL - Brother can you spare a thesaurus? Your killing me!

Illuminati,  Nov 30, 2009, 9:46:00 PM  

Your venting is as much for our benefit as it is yours......

Quite often I sit here nodding in approval of you saying things that my team/field and I have been saying for years. It helps us deal with customers when we know we are not alone.

mick Nov 30, 2009, 10:37:00 PM  

Illuminati - thanks for the inspiration.

Brules Dec 1, 2009, 9:11:00 AM  

I shot myself in the foot once. It hurt. A lot.

Popular Posts

From around the net...

OH NO, you didn't just say THAT!


"A billion-dollar company tried to steal my identity, and I was able to fight and regain my identity. That's why I'm on cloud nine; I fought the giant and I'm a success story against Activision." (Greg Hastings)
---------

Yakity yak.... 3 shot rulz... take 3 shots at my field and take a break. what's the hurry? who ya tryin to impress? this aint no freak show! why waste paint? can't hit em with three? throw three more. can't hit em with them? go fishin~ (me, on Facebook)
---------

Yes, I know Steve Davidson found the property that was the site of the first ever paintball game. No, I don't care. (Dale from the Ford Report)
---------

"How is paintball like golf? Golf is played outdoors on nice, well kept grass or, if something goes horribly wrong, off in the woods. Same with paintball." (Baca Loco)


Find more notable quotes at "Oh NO, you didn't just say that!"
copyright t-square paintball. Thank You visitors:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP