FOLLOW ME - You know you want to. If Baca can get 100 I know I can get 200!

Dec 3, 2009

Paintball 101...

Way back in the day I had an idea I might write a booklet about paintball reffing. Half way through I discovered it had already been done, a couple of times - by writer's who had a lot more writing skills than I did. Here's something I was going to include in the section on "Paintchecking."

THE "PSYCHOLOGY" OF A PAINTCHECK

WHEN A PLAYER YELLS "PAINTCHECK!" THEIR ALREADY HIGH LEVEL OF ADRENALINE SOARS EVEN HIGHER. IN TURN, THE PLAYER'S "FIGHT OR FLIGHT" THOUGHTS ARE FURTHER ACCENTUATED - AS IN, "I WANT TO GET BACK AT THAT PLAYER/TEAM RIGHT NOW (FIGHT)!" OR " I NEED TO GET THE HECK OUT OF HERE RIGHT NOW (FLIGHT)!"

IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO GET TO THE PLAYER QUICKLY AND IN A CALM, CONTROLLED VOICE ASK, "WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN HIT?" THIS QUESTION HELPS TO DISPLACE THE DOZEN CONFLICTING THOUGHTS THAT ARE RUNNING THROUGH THE PLAYER'S MIND AND HELPS TO BRING THE PLAYER BACK TO THE ACTUALLY TASK AT HAND - DETERMINING IF THERE IS INDEED A HIT.

LET ME EMPHASIS "IN A CALM, CONTROLLED VOICE." PAINTCHECKS ARE OFTEN A FRANTIC, HEART POUNDING EVENT. THEY CAN NORMALLY BE DONE IN LESS THAN 10 SECONDS. BUT BY SIMPLY SLOWING THE PROCESS DOWN TO 20 SECONDS WILL INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF LEAVING THE PLAYER LESS FRANTIC AND BETTER PREPARED MENTALLY TO RE-ENTER OR LEAVE THE GAME.

Tomorrow: THE BASICS OF A PAINTCHECK



Be sure to share this Paintblog with a friend.


Bookmark and Share


Amazon.com Video Games deal of the day

0 comments:

Popular Posts

From around the net...

OH NO, you didn't just say THAT!


"A billion-dollar company tried to steal my identity, and I was able to fight and regain my identity. That's why I'm on cloud nine; I fought the giant and I'm a success story against Activision." (Greg Hastings)
---------

Yakity yak.... 3 shot rulz... take 3 shots at my field and take a break. what's the hurry? who ya tryin to impress? this aint no freak show! why waste paint? can't hit em with three? throw three more. can't hit em with them? go fishin~ (me, on Facebook)
---------

Yes, I know Steve Davidson found the property that was the site of the first ever paintball game. No, I don't care. (Dale from the Ford Report)
---------

"How is paintball like golf? Golf is played outdoors on nice, well kept grass or, if something goes horribly wrong, off in the woods. Same with paintball." (Baca Loco)


Find more notable quotes at "Oh NO, you didn't just say that!"
copyright t-square paintball. Thank You visitors:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP