FOLLOW ME - You know you want to. If Baca can get 100 I know I can get 200!

Dec 26, 2009

Saturday Paintball Rerun...

From March 16, 2008

Get smart...

I read a story awhile back about a kid that was expelled from school because he brought a paintball gun to school. Turns out it was just the grip frame.

The response was predictable and typical. One side lined up on the zero tolerance side and called for expulsion while the other side wanted to know what the big deal was all about. Obviously the kid couldn't wait for the weekend and brought it in to show it off to his paintball friends (It was probably a UL frame - curses to you, DYE).

What I want to know is why kids bring ANYTHING to school other than their books and homework and bag lunch? Leave the damn IPods, cell phones, magazines, designer rags, gamer software, sunglasses, body metal and hobbies at home. Keep your brains glued to the task at hand.

And before you consider me out of touch or "one of those" let me explain my version of "task at hand".

Get involved. Don't just sit and be spoon fed life by your instructor/teacher/professor. Question. Argue. Applaud. Paraphrase. Create an experience and be a part of it.

Don't let stuff get in the way of getting smart.

Be sure to share this Paintblog with a friend.
Bookmark and Share
Amazon.com Video Games deal of the day

1 comments:

Reiner Schafer Dec 26, 2009, 10:52:00 AM  

Great advice. Unfortunately most of us don't figure this out until way past school age. Having someone that is "out of touch" tell you, doesn't seem to work well for kids.

Popular Posts

From around the net...

OH NO, you didn't just say THAT!


"A billion-dollar company tried to steal my identity, and I was able to fight and regain my identity. That's why I'm on cloud nine; I fought the giant and I'm a success story against Activision." (Greg Hastings)
---------

Yakity yak.... 3 shot rulz... take 3 shots at my field and take a break. what's the hurry? who ya tryin to impress? this aint no freak show! why waste paint? can't hit em with three? throw three more. can't hit em with them? go fishin~ (me, on Facebook)
---------

Yes, I know Steve Davidson found the property that was the site of the first ever paintball game. No, I don't care. (Dale from the Ford Report)
---------

"How is paintball like golf? Golf is played outdoors on nice, well kept grass or, if something goes horribly wrong, off in the woods. Same with paintball." (Baca Loco)


Find more notable quotes at "Oh NO, you didn't just say that!"
copyright t-square paintball. Thank You visitors:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP