FOLLOW ME - You know you want to. If Baca can get 100 I know I can get 200!

Apr 22, 2010

Paintball Myths - Part One

Back in the day, Billy Goodman did a lot of paintball writing on his "The Pukin' Dogs Paintball" web site. I don't have much to say about the name of his web site but it does include some pretty interesting stuff. Here's the first installment of his "Paintball Myths" posting.

Better paintball equipment makes a better player

Although many experienced players will be quick to tell you that "it's not the gun, it's the player" it is still a common misconception that to be a better player you have to have better equipment. It is true that better equipment can make a given task easier on a player, but the skill necessary to be a successful player does not come in a box along with a new gun. I once saw a guy go from a Spyder, to an Automag RT, to a Shocker in the course of a few months looking for that "edge" which would let him compete. He incorrectly assumed it was all about how much paint can be shot in the quickest amount of time. He also incorrectly blamed his lack of on-field success on his perceived "inferior" equipment. His problem, however, was that he had only been playing for that same few months. He lacked the experience to know what to do in certain situations, to know how to read the field, to know when and how to move, and to know how to work with his teammates in an effective manner. I don't think he plays anymore.

Be sure to share this Paintblog with a friend.
Bookmark and Share
Shop Amazon for new and used paintball equipment

1 comments:

Richelle Shattell Apr 23, 2010, 7:09:00 AM  

This is exactly why I wouldn't let my hubby spoil me with a new marker this year. I'm still a beginner and need to get the basics down first. Any moron can throw some paint, but this isn't some video game--it takes more effort than that.

Too bad if that person stopped playing. A classic example of not sticking to something to master it, an attitude a lot of kids unfortunately grow up with today. Patience, grasshoppa!

Popular Posts

From around the net...

OH NO, you didn't just say THAT!


"A billion-dollar company tried to steal my identity, and I was able to fight and regain my identity. That's why I'm on cloud nine; I fought the giant and I'm a success story against Activision." (Greg Hastings)
---------

Yakity yak.... 3 shot rulz... take 3 shots at my field and take a break. what's the hurry? who ya tryin to impress? this aint no freak show! why waste paint? can't hit em with three? throw three more. can't hit em with them? go fishin~ (me, on Facebook)
---------

Yes, I know Steve Davidson found the property that was the site of the first ever paintball game. No, I don't care. (Dale from the Ford Report)
---------

"How is paintball like golf? Golf is played outdoors on nice, well kept grass or, if something goes horribly wrong, off in the woods. Same with paintball." (Baca Loco)


Find more notable quotes at "Oh NO, you didn't just say that!"
copyright t-square paintball. Thank You visitors:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP