FOLLOW ME - You know you want to. If Baca can get 100 I know I can get 200!

Apr 14, 2010

Paintball tears...

Dear Father of the child who cried this weekend.

Some kids cry quicker than others. Get over it. I'll refrain from using the term "cry baby," so as to not aggravate the situation but that's just how it is.

No the gun used to "assault" your child was not shooting faster than your son's marker. No, the other player was not intentionally shooting at your son's head. And, no, I don't care that you decided to drag your kid off, leaving in a huff, shouting for all to hear, "We will never come back."

Some kids cry quicker than others. And kids cry for many different reasons. Some kids cry because they know it will bring them attention from their over protective parents. And yeah, some kids cry when a paintball bounces off the top of their head because it hurts like hell. Some cry like banshees and never want to play again (four in fifteen years of operation). Some cry for a bit, sit out a game and come right back (about a dozen over the years).

I've taken a few licks that have brought a tear or two to my eyes. What I have to say may not be PC or good for business but I'll say it anyway.

"Man up."

For your son's sake.

Thank you

Mick Gray, Owner/Operator
T-Square Paintball

Be sure to share this Paintblog with a friend.
Bookmark and Share
Paintball Jerseys

6 comments:

Tinker Apr 14, 2010, 3:28:00 PM  

Amen Mick. If a child cries after getting hit, really the best thing that could happen to him is that one of the other players or a ref comes over to make sure he is okay and help him off the field. Wish I were there in that game.

Protect him a bit and give him a good pep talk and keep dad calm. Sorry to hear that you had a father who was even more childish than his child. The rest of us know better.

Richelle Shattell Apr 14, 2010, 6:31:00 PM  

A long time ago before I had children, I ran into an old schoolmate of mine. She was now an elementary school teacher.

"Oh, I bet that's fun!" I said, imagining her like Snow White, surrounded by cute little children at storytime.

"Uh, no it's not," she replied. "Not when I get yelled at by parents because their children don't know how to read."

I imagine you get yelled at by quite a few parents when their children get banged up or "traumatized". It's too bad that some parents shove the parenting role on others and hold them accountable when something goes wrong.

Running into my friend that one day helped me later on when I became a parent myself to remember that I am the parent. I would liken the importance of "talking to your kids about paintball" to maybe something like--when the time comes--the dreaded sex talk...except not as uncomfortable of a subject to talk about, lol.

My children aren't old enough to play paintball yet, but they already know very well what to expect in the game. If they're brave enough to play after the possible horrors my husband and I have warned them about, I think they'll have a good time!

Safety first
No pain, no gain
It only hurts for a little while.
Welcome to paintball, kids!

mick Apr 14, 2010, 7:55:00 PM  

Great comment Richelle. Thanks for the input.

Unknown Apr 30, 2010, 9:17:00 PM  

I think i was there that day and i was the "aggressive guy" and i agree with u mick and i would have no problem toning it down if mick or the father asked me to..thanks mick for an awesome place to play.

mick May 1, 2010, 3:37:00 AM  

Thanks - and consider yourself asked...!

Popular Posts

From around the net...

OH NO, you didn't just say THAT!


"A billion-dollar company tried to steal my identity, and I was able to fight and regain my identity. That's why I'm on cloud nine; I fought the giant and I'm a success story against Activision." (Greg Hastings)
---------

Yakity yak.... 3 shot rulz... take 3 shots at my field and take a break. what's the hurry? who ya tryin to impress? this aint no freak show! why waste paint? can't hit em with three? throw three more. can't hit em with them? go fishin~ (me, on Facebook)
---------

Yes, I know Steve Davidson found the property that was the site of the first ever paintball game. No, I don't care. (Dale from the Ford Report)
---------

"How is paintball like golf? Golf is played outdoors on nice, well kept grass or, if something goes horribly wrong, off in the woods. Same with paintball." (Baca Loco)


Find more notable quotes at "Oh NO, you didn't just say that!"
copyright t-square paintball. Thank You visitors:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP