FOLLOW ME - You know you want to. If Baca can get 100 I know I can get 200!

Aug 29, 2009

Saturday Paintball Reruns...

From October 25, 2006

The game…

Paintball is a game of skill. It's also a game of honesty and integrity.

When you are "hit" you call yourself out.

Imagine if ball players were responsible for calling their own balls and strikes or football players were left to determine on their own if they stepped out of bounds. How about race car drivers counting their own laps? Paintball is one of the very few games that place nearly all the responsibility for the games direction and order on the player.

Sure there are referees on the paintball field, but usually no more than 1 or 2 who are mainly concerned for the safety of a dozen or more players. When you are all alone in a bunker and spot that quarter size splotch of paint on your leg it's real tempting to just reach down and wipe it off. Or when hit on the back; did it bounce or break? And if it broke is it a quarter size hit? Awww, who cares. Keep playing. It's "just a game".

Fortunately most players, because it really is "just a game" will call themselves out or ask a referee for a paintcheck. They don't consider the walk back to the safe zone as a walk of shame. Instead they show off their hits and consider them front line "badges of honor". Little white or pink or blue reminders that it is just a game.

Play safe. Play fun. Play fair.

3 comments:

Brules,  Aug 29, 2009, 1:59:00 PM  

I....fortunately can't cheat.

Every time I get hit, I squeel like a girl. :) Everyone knows I am out!

Caleb Aug 30, 2009, 12:23:00 PM  

I've played with some serious wipers. It doesn't take long for those people to be well know as wipers and poorly talked about. Most of them people don't play for long.

You get back what you put into it.

Popular Posts

From around the net...

OH NO, you didn't just say THAT!


"A billion-dollar company tried to steal my identity, and I was able to fight and regain my identity. That's why I'm on cloud nine; I fought the giant and I'm a success story against Activision." (Greg Hastings)
---------

Yakity yak.... 3 shot rulz... take 3 shots at my field and take a break. what's the hurry? who ya tryin to impress? this aint no freak show! why waste paint? can't hit em with three? throw three more. can't hit em with them? go fishin~ (me, on Facebook)
---------

Yes, I know Steve Davidson found the property that was the site of the first ever paintball game. No, I don't care. (Dale from the Ford Report)
---------

"How is paintball like golf? Golf is played outdoors on nice, well kept grass or, if something goes horribly wrong, off in the woods. Same with paintball." (Baca Loco)


Find more notable quotes at "Oh NO, you didn't just say that!"
copyright t-square paintball. Thank You visitors:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP