FOLLOW ME - You know you want to. If Baca can get 100 I know I can get 200!

Nov 18, 2009

USA! USA! USA!


So, yesterday's post was a total bust. I thought I had dug up some interesting information on where a lot of our paintball gear is manufactured. I found a bunch of Taiwan, China, Pakistan and India companies that claimed some such connection with some pretty high end products. I got called out on a couple of my finds so I went back to do some fact checking and I could not find my way back to any of the sites I found just the night before. That'll teach me not to link my sources.

Come to think of it it wasn't a very interesting post anyway. These days it's no surprise given our so called global economy and marketing and manufacturing that everything is made everywhere. It's not like the old days when I was shocked to find "Made in Korea" stamped on the inside of one of my metal toy trucks. And would you believe it?  It still had "Maxwell House Coffee" printed on the back side of the metal.  Just a few years earlier my Dad nearly had his ass blown off in a country that was now rebuilding itself by selling us back our scraps.

I'm not sure about my TV or microwave or electric toothbrush but I know I was made in the USA. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, it was in the back seat of a 1948, Made in the USA, Chevy coupe.

Be sure to share this Paintblog with a friend.
Bookmark and Share

Amazon Gift Cards

3 comments:

Aswan Yap Nov 18, 2009, 7:43:00 AM  

Haha, nice final comment.

I know Planet Eclipse markers are made in Taiwan, and Dye has a factory in Taiwan. It's on seburo's blog, somewhere.

Brules Nov 18, 2009, 5:15:00 PM  

Certain components are made in certain places, with final assembly made in others. Just about EVERY circuit board on earth is made in Taiwan/indonesia. So while PE's boards may be made there, I doubt there are milling their frames etc there as shipping from there to Jolly Englad would be cost prohibitive.

Welcome to the Global Economy....whether it is good or bad, we shall see!

waterford crystal Nov 19, 2009, 4:41:00 AM  

The USA is still a superpower because of its massive military and huge nuclear arsenal. Also everyone in the world does not come to the US to make their dreams come true for many Americans dreams do not come true the same as the rest of us.

Popular Posts

From around the net...

OH NO, you didn't just say THAT!


"A billion-dollar company tried to steal my identity, and I was able to fight and regain my identity. That's why I'm on cloud nine; I fought the giant and I'm a success story against Activision." (Greg Hastings)
---------

Yakity yak.... 3 shot rulz... take 3 shots at my field and take a break. what's the hurry? who ya tryin to impress? this aint no freak show! why waste paint? can't hit em with three? throw three more. can't hit em with them? go fishin~ (me, on Facebook)
---------

Yes, I know Steve Davidson found the property that was the site of the first ever paintball game. No, I don't care. (Dale from the Ford Report)
---------

"How is paintball like golf? Golf is played outdoors on nice, well kept grass or, if something goes horribly wrong, off in the woods. Same with paintball." (Baca Loco)


Find more notable quotes at "Oh NO, you didn't just say that!"
copyright t-square paintball. Thank You visitors:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP